Using other decks for reading

oddtarot

I was wondering if different decks have different meanings for similar cards. I have gotten used to a specific deck and I would like to try other decks too, my main concern is getting the card definitions for the other deck right.

I would like to know if you think that different decks are to be read different or you think the same meanings are in different cards.

If the meanings are different, are they any ways I can get used to a different deck?

Thanks

gregory

The meanings vary with every reading, even with the same deck, IMHO. The only way to get around this is to USE another deck and see what you get ! Seriously.

One day you will find the deck that always delivers for you, and after that it will all seem much easier.

oddtarot

Thanks. I guess I will know how to read other decks when the time comes. For now, I think I will stick to this deck.

But I will probably want to get one that is not related too closely to the raider waite deck. I depend on the symbols there probably too much already.

gregory

oddtarot said:
Thanks. I guess I will know how to read other decks when the time comes. For now, I think I will stick to this deck.

But I will probably want to get one that is not related too closely to the rider waite deck. I depend on the symbols there probably too much already.
In your place I would stick with one system while you learn, as you say yourself you are trying to memorise things. It will all fall into place though - don't think too hard !

Jes

Thanks for asking this question, I have been wondering myself.

I have worked with the same deck for over 11 years, and am considering trying another one (I found it here on AT in the decks section and can't stop thinking about it) but am worried I wont be able to read it, or remember the meanings as well.

I suppose since I still feel this deck is really pulling me in, I might have to just get it and see what happens.

Thanks again :)