PDA

View Full Version : Selenite- who uses it, and how do you feel

214red
06-04-2011, 19:34
I am new to crystals and have been drawn to work with selenite, i am curious if others use it as it seems to be a very versatile crystal. how did it feel using it, what did you use it for?

I have just finished working with citrine, and also peridot which was interesting, so am now curious about whats going to happen next

autumn star
06-04-2011, 19:46
I am really drawn to Selenite too -I have a beautiful selenite candle holder which I adore. It has a really calming and clearing energy to it - but a strong energy.

I tried to work with Selenite a few months ago. I had read that it was good for dream-work and remembering dreams, or meaningful dreams. I slept with it under my pillow but I think it ended up giving me nightmares so I stopped using it. I still have a small piece beside my bed though, I'm not sure if it has any effect.

I also tried putting it on my third eye or forehead for a while before going to sleep which seemed to bring a calming effect at the time.

I initially wanted it to work with it to calm my mind and help be more open to intutive messages and guidance. I probably should have used it more often than I did for it to have a big impact. I am quite new to stones too so hopefully someone else will post who has more experience working with Selenite.

I hope that helps anyway :) It is a beautiful stone though, I love the way it looks so icy.

Briar Rose
07-04-2011, 10:08
I love it. I have a piece by my bedside. I feel it has a good clean energy to it.

linnie
07-04-2011, 14:35
Selenite is a wonderful cleansing crystal... It is available in a shaped form which looks just like a beautiful, shimmering soap bar, and in fact that is one of its greatest uses... hold the 'soap', or piece of selenite, and brush it over your aura, your energy bodies, as it cleanses.... Also, I believe that if you run it along your spinal column, it assists in shifting the spine back to correct alignment. And, anything thsi shimmery and beautiful surely has a direct connection to the realm of Spirit.. Beautiful stone...

214red
07-04-2011, 20:41
thank you to everyone, i felt it contact my chakras my crown, heart and root the most but they need work on, i also felt its very comforting. I will write more once i work with it a bit more

Le Fanu
07-04-2011, 20:51
I have a large selentite sphere and a strange coiled obilisk in selenite. The sphere was the first crystal I bought, before I was even into rocks and stuff. It just drew my attention at a rock fair and was cheap. I was drawn to its ghostliness.

However, I feel that it isn't a stone which pulls at me metaphysically, if you know what I mean. Some stones really get to me; obsidian, turmaline, smoked quartz, hematite and jasper, but selenite is attractive but doesn't really grab me so much... It always looks stunning though when on show.

214red
07-04-2011, 21:54
I have a large selentite sphere and a strange coiled obilisk in selenite. The sphere was the first crystal I bought, before I was even into rocks and stuff. It just drew my attention at a rock fair and was cheap. I was drawn to its ghostliness.

However, I feel that it isn't a stone which pulls at me metaphysically, if you know what I mean. Some stones really get to me; obsidian, turmaline, smoked quartz, hematite and jasper, but selenite is attractive but doesn't really grab me so much... It always looks stunning though when on show.
I am not sure its my type of stone either as it looks too cold and very much like stone, and i like colour, but since my guides pointed it out i brought it and only now am using it. i prefer my smoke quartz, or citrine

linnie
08-04-2011, 15:53

I had a past life thing happen where Selenite was very important... this amazing place I was being carried through was just walls and walls of selenite... so I have an affection for it and feel it to be very gentle in its energy... but I love just about all crystals... there are very few that leave me cold... In this particular moment, I'm with you, Le Fanu, as all the metallic/grey/brown/black grounding stones are really drawing me (I found the most amazing black tourmaline/platinum wand the other day :)).. but this changes often... many times, I need all the blue-green stones, and sometimes Carnelian or picture jasper is my greatest comfort!!! I love stones!!!!! :)

Oh, selenite is also meant to be good to curb free-radicals... :)

morticia monroe
11-04-2011, 21:00
I've got a few giant chunks of selenite, and they're gorgeous. Unfortunately, I can't fool with them too much,,,they pulse so strongly that they are nearly impossible for me to hold, making my hands and arms itch and go numb. They're pretty to look at, though.

tarotlaura
12-04-2011, 00:28
I have a few pieces also. I have a chunk that sits on my main altar and I also have a Selenite wand that sits on my moon altar. Aside from something that looks really pretty I haven't had the chance at really working with them. Maybe I should have used one of them last night seeing that it has a calming effect cause I had a major bout with insomnia. I feel very calm when I hold it but that's about it but in all fairness I haven't given it a chance to see what it can really do.

minrice
12-04-2011, 04:19
I have not used Selenite but I find it to be very beautiful with this "otherworldly" feeling to it!

214red
13-04-2011, 18:51
Thank you for all your feedback on selenite, I have finished my work with selenite and retired it for Blue Lace agate.

I found that selenite was great for highlighting issues with chakras and also balancing them. I found connecting to my higher self was a speciality with this stone, and also because it has a point it can concentrate energy into that point. I felt someone hold mine, and it was pointed at my heart and I had to tell her to move it away, its very powerful, and infused with your energy it gets even more powerful and focused.

I do a lot of moon meditations being a Cancerian, and this one really intensified the power of the meditation.
This would bring uncomfortable issues to the surface very quickly if you had any, luckily I just needed my chakras tweaked, and also calming after the Aries new moon!

Thanks for all the responses

NikkiB
13-04-2011, 21:15
This is an interesting thread! I have some lovely large peices and although i've not worked directly with them i've found my cats obsesses with laying next to or on them! so they are really liking the energy form them!

brightcrazystar
14-04-2011, 03:27
Kitties LOVE Selenite. So do snakes and lizards. Unless you live in an old house that was never renovated, or below the equator, you probably do too.

If I had a piece of selenite I liked, I might make it into a candle holder, as they are very resistant to heat. Even selenite rendered to anhydrite will take on humidity to just render back to selenite, so the heat of a candle won't really matter. It is the calcium/sufate ph balance that makes it stable, not the water. That is basically what it is Calcium cancelling the acidic nature of naturally occuring sulfuring acid. The reaction trapped water and now you have selenite.

It is naturally warm, like all forms of gypsum.
This makes it useful for being a comfy zone for relaxation and peace. It is not really a "stone" per se, but a mineral; a sulfate, the most common. Made of Sulfate, Calcium, and Water. Take the Water out, and you get Anhydrite. You can take it apart with your hands, so be careful letting a kitty with claws near it. They could easily take a chunk out. You can get carving tools and simply carve at selenite like a block of soap. And it is not a stone, it is a alkali mineral composite, so there is no reason to keep it in any given shape unless you simply like it.

Your car battery (if leaden) probably has the makings of Selenite in it, if it got to the right temperature. Do not bury this stone unless you realize that (depnding on the ph balance of the earth it is in) that it may partially render back to the soil. It is HIGHLY water soluble. Don't even think of that.

I hear this "stuff" about Selenite being the only thing that can reprogram or cleanse quartz, but this is (in my experience) bunk. There are tons of ways to do this in simple kitchen chemistry. Though I dislike the word "reprogram" in relation to minerals and stones.

Sulfate was the most common subfumigant there is. Even "burning sage" is actually burning sulfur. Epson salts are the same. The nature of Sulfur is cleansing.

Sulfate is the salt of Sulfuric Acid. Your Selenite is essentially calcium and "brimstone" bound to atomic water. Roast this with Zinc, and you get the White Vitriol of the Alchemist. DO NOT TRY MINERAL ALCHEMY AT HOME KIDS, unless you know what you are doing.

One of the greatest uses for this was by Abu Mansur, the famous Persian Alchemist and Physician: He advised to heat Selenite on low heat, until it become a white "lime" (anhydrite cause all the water is gone) and then mix it with the white of a egg (cause it breaks down very easy). This plaster is useful for making casts and setting bones. This same plaster was the original plaster of paris. "Selenite" plaster of paris is *very* nice to work with but you have to ask for it by name.

We dont use actual egg anymore as the binder and usually lower quality "industrial gypsum" (because of the greater demand and ability to refine it), but this same type of material (not as hard) is what "sheet rock" or "drywall" is made of.

Your home is probably full of selenite. Hopefully you love that! :)

Wonderwoman
29-04-2011, 15:19
I am now a devout follower of Selenite, especially the wand-variety. During a bout with arthritis/nerve pain, I held the massage wand on one hand in a desperate attempt to feel healings of some sort. It worked. The scorching, deep-fried feeelings on both my arts were gone overnight. In addition I also experienced the most vivid dreams that night. Almost as if I was being transported into another realm, a future realm. I believe it was a pre-cognitive experience.

Gia
01-05-2011, 10:26
I have a huge selenite piece (I call it a wand...it's a very long rectangular piece) which I use for chakra cleaning, balancing, tarot deck cleaning and assisting me in focusing in meditation. I also have a great polished selenite cabochan (oval) that I have with my favorite deck and a teeny 'spike' that's with a mini deck that I carry in my purse!

thintelligent
06-05-2011, 07:25
I use selenite sometimes for meditation. I use in with lapis lazuli, iolite, and azurite.

peaceandkarma
03-06-2011, 08:53
I love Selenite, I have a few of these crystals. I've also made an Angel grid with four Selenite tumblestones place by each leg of my bed, they're supposed to attract angelic energy. I've also got a selenite crystal ball and a wonderful selenite tea light holder as well as a rought selenite tower. I love the way selenite catches the light, its a beautiful crystal.

Jai1216
13-07-2013, 03:02
I was searching thru the forum about selenite to get other ppl's experiences. I bought my first after seeing it in stock at a local shop. Before now, I have only seen it online and read its properties. It is *beautiful* in person.

I have not programmed mine as I prefer to just let it intuitively give me what I need. I hear it is good for all sorts of things. I have a lot of clear crystals, but none of them are this color. It is sooo angelic. It is a milky clear color, with pearl striations thru out.

I read that selenite never needs cleansing. I do not necessarily trust that belief with any crystal until I can see for myself. After I got it home, I cleansed it to my satisfaction. What's so funny is, when I picked the crystal out at the store, the sales lady kept rubbing on it and stroking it. I was like, "I have got to get her energy off of it." LOL.

I use it in my psychic readings, and it is so strong and awesome. My 3rd eye and hands tingle and itch. Although I did not sleep with it under my pillow, I had the most vivid dreams the 1st night with it, even with the crystal 6 feet away. In my dream, two deceased people (my recently deceased Dad and someone else I did not know) came to me with very glassy, shiny eyes ( the "shine" remarkably resembled selenite). They both asked me to check my voicemail and to check my Mom's oil level in her car. And, then, as I slept, I felt I was going in and out of consciousness and felt people watching over me as I slept.

atypical
13-07-2013, 03:15
I got a baseball-sized selenite sphere for my friend who does hypnosis. I almost didn't want to give it to her because it's sooooo cool and mesmerising to play with and gaze into... She really likes it, and she finds it relaxing to handle it every night before going to bed.

stonesatiety
13-07-2013, 07:48
I've had a clear slab of selenite lying parallel beneath me as I sleep for years. Sometimes other stones rest on it, other times not. Stones definitely balance and perk up energetically after resting on or near the selenite bar! I have a spiral selenite wand that I haven't used yet, an orange selenite sphere that sits mid-house right now and a milky-white selenite sphere gifted to me by a friend. Nobody wanted it! I also have a clear, fishtail selenite shaped like a fir tree. This piece has livelier energy than the other selenite here.

After holding the wand parallel with my pup, feeling the spiralling energy for a minute or so, he got up to play with the cat. Selenite can be energizing! This wand has a rainbow fluorite base cap, the liquid feel of which contrasts nicely with selenite's dry feel. Wow, I suddenly feel like cleaning the house. Dangerous stuff!

Good advice to be careful with selenite, such a soft stone.

inanna_tarot
13-07-2013, 08:56
Love it! My scrying ball is Selenite and I have had amazing results with it. Also my wand and centre crystal for my grids is always selenite. I could buy a LOT of it :D

LRichard
13-07-2013, 10:55
I have a selenite merkaba, about 2.5" on the longest diagonal. It seems very otherworldly, as if it doesn't really exist in this dimension.

shelikes2read
13-07-2013, 15:20
I haven't got the satin spar version of Selenite, but what I DO have is Selenite in the form known as a Desert Rose. Very fascinating stone (and delicate, so it needs to be handled carefully). It's a formation that a person can just lose themselves in examining its details.

Another name for Selenite is Gypsum (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gypsum), and I've seen some samples of that which don't resemble satin spar Selenite. Very interesting stone.

Incidentally, I didn't know, until reading the above Wikipedia link, that Alabaster is a form of Gypsum, and so is plaster of Paris. File it under "You learn something new every day". :)

sedgeez
13-07-2013, 20:58
I have a selenite sphere and I use it before and during tarot reading. It really helps bring out my intuitive side.

Inanna_tarot, how is it to scry with? I've considered using it but I'm new to scrying and didn't know if it would be any good :)

Glass Owl
03-01-2014, 23:59
Kitties LOVE Selenite.

Oh yes, my cats like my selenite chuck, so much so that they knocked it off of my mantle. (I think they were trying to lay on top of it or around it.) :eek: Sadly, some big sections of it broke off but with some gentle filing I was able to smooth it out a bit. So now instead of being squarish it is more triangular. But I keep it far away from the cats now.

This thread reminds me that I should look for a smaller piece of Selenite, something that I can put near my bed.