PDA

View Full Version : Why is my thread closed?

euripides
11-04-2011, 11:47
I posted a thread about large and whole deck spreads, and after two responses it is closed.

I want to discuss the idea with the person who responded - why is it closed already? Isn't the point of a forum to have a DISCUSSION? Sure there may be existing threads on this topic, but long threads become impossible to wade through, and I don't want to read someone else's discussion, I want to have one of my own.

Please unlock my thread.

cardlady22
11-04-2011, 12:10
I would guess they are wondering which forum section it belongs in?

GeorgiePorgie
11-04-2011, 12:20
http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=156062 This one? I bet a mod just had to move it or something - I can't see the padlock symbol on it at the moment. Normally if something weird happens with a thread (like it goes off topic or posts have to be moved or the whole thread goes "Pear-Shaped" and is CLOSED) a moderator will contact you by pm.

euripides
11-04-2011, 13:15
Ah. Someone did try to PM me actually, but my inbox was full. I've cleared some messages. Nice to be able to continue the conversation. I understand that it's tricky - repetitive threads can be a bit annoying for forum regulars, so it's a balancing act.

Thirteen
12-04-2011, 03:30
I would guess they are wondering which forum section it belongs in?
Exactly right. The original post for "Large Spreads" was technically fine for UTC, which, according to our new guidelines (http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=155910), can include questions and discussions about the relationship of cards within spreads. However, the answers were all about specific spreads not card relationships, which made it a Tarot Spread discussion.

Hoping to stem an influx of answers for a moment while we consulted on whether to keep it or move it, we closed the thread--and tried to pm you but your box was full.

Once it was moved, it was re-opened.

Your friendly neighborhood UTC moderator, Thirteen