Two of Ashes and Six of Crowns

SloughSister

A few weeks ago I had two tarot dreams over the course of several nights. In each of them, I drew a card for the day [which in and of itself is kinda weird, since I've only been at this tarot thing a little while and I don't draw daily cards].

When I woke from each dream I remembered which card I had drawn but couldn't remember whether I'd seen the card or what it showed. All I remember is that the first card was the Two of Ashes and the second card was the Six of Crowns.

Without having any images to go along with these names, what do you make of these suits? What would Ashes be? What would Crowns be? What might the cards indicate?

I've been imagining Ashes as a whole suit of phoenix-from-the-flames, kind of a toned-down death-tower-world, the changes-in-life theme. Crowns reminds me both of pentacles and of court cards, but also of law, culture, order, civilization and maybe a hierophant-emperor blend.

KMilliron

Would ashes be like wands? Cause you know fire? My guess.

rwcarter

I would think that Ashes would be fire and Crowns would be air, but if I think hard about it, I could see both of them as being earth (Ashes as the by-product of fire and Crowns as representative of the material ruler of man).

Rodney

SloughSister

Oh, maybe I left one thing out, from where I see the replies heading so far.

In my dreams, these were - well, what do you call it when it doesn't follow traditional tarot? In other words, this was an original deck loosely based on historical tarot but with new suits making up a world/structure/framework all of its own.

What I was trying to ask is, in your imagination, what would these suits be about - Ashes and Crowns, separate from air-earth-fire-water-wands-cups-swords-pentacles?

Mes apologies for not being clear initially.

KMilliron

Ashes would be what needs to be let go or what needs to be renewed. Crowns would be material things or status symbols of sorts.

Amanda

Ashes would imply fire/what's gone to me and Crowns would imply earth/wealth.

KMilliron

If this was a deck I'd say leaves and pebbles would be the other suites.

Ashes- Fire. Action. What to renew or let die.
Pebbles- Air. Thoughts. Ideas to invest in, or negative ideas that block you.
Crowns- Water. Emotions and other influences. People and relations.
Leaves- Earth. Fruition. The consequences of your labors or lack of.

But how do you count ashes? There will be a lot if piles fireplaces and urns out and about...

nisaba

"Crowns" are an Earth-based suit in the Shakeapearean Tarot by Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki.

but I'm thinking the dream was more symbolic than that: in dream-language I'm thinking "Crowns" (triumph and power) and "Ashes" (defeat and decomposition) were being polarised in your subconscious. Look at those symbolic values, and at whatever hte numbers mean to you, and see what you come up with.

SloughSister

Thank you, everyone.

Nisaba, I think you've hit on what I, unknowingly, was actually looking for. Just didn't think that broadly. Yes, I can go mull on that - and it makes at least a bit of sense to begin with. Ta.