light bulb blowing out

gracie

i did a reading for several ppl last nite,and the male reading was fore-warning of grave sickness.when they had left i was clearing away cards etc and suddenly the light bulb blew and fell out of its socket onto the table.kinda freaked me out,anybody ever had this or something similar happen & what can it mean?

Topsy

Hi Gracie, and welcome to the forums :)

Yes, I've had this happen when I've done particularly intense readings... It tended to be when I was younger and my thoughts and emotions were much more volatile. I don't think it's a bad thing though. It's like a discharge of all the energy that had been building up, not surprising since you said you had been doing Tarot readings for many people that night. I wouldn't interpret it as a warning of impending doom or anything!

Rovay

I agree with the above poster. It is more likely something more of your own frustration, fears to have build up and caused an outburst. We, tarot readers, in most cases, have a lot more spiritual energy - and I guess that it makes perfect sense for this or similar to happen when we are build up with negative energy. I am trying to remember an example of my own... Hmm... There was a table falling under me and my cards, I think.

Chronata

I agree too. Sometimes we build up a lot of energy during readings without realizing it (or our clients do) and it can cause all kinds of strange power surges.

Now, if it happened during the reading...well...then that might be something else entirely.

Take it from the girl who has set herself on fire more than twice while doing tarot!

KMilliron

I set myself on fire all the time. But it's cause only cool kids play guitars while wearing flaming pants. It's a fact.

Rovay

KMilliron said:
I set myself on fire all the time. But it's cause only cool kids play guitars while wearing flaming pants. It's a fact.

Made me giggle.