PDA

View Full Version : Hexefus Spread

scheherazade
06-07-2003, 11:07
I found this spread on the Llewellyn site; I was rather interested by it. It's called the Hexefus spread. I don't understand it very well, though -- if anyone here knows more about it, could they illuminate for me?

http://www.llewellyn.com/tarot/

Where it says "Spread" on the form, just click the dropdown arrow down to "Hexefus."

Rhiannon
06-07-2003, 13:40
Thanks for that, it gave me a very interesting reading. I may have to try out that spread myself in the future.

R :)

emily2otters
07-07-2003, 11:41
ditto that, rhiannon.

i've never seen this spread before, but my impression is that it's for readers to use when the querant is a stranger or passing acquaintance. it seems like there was a lot of information in there that would allow a talented reader to hold forth about things they could not otherwise have known...

but it's also helping me with the question i asked, and i like to think i know myself pretty well. :)

powerful spread. i wouldn't use it every day.

jog1118
08-07-2003, 12:45
rarely do i take note of spreads in my journal...this one is deserving though

:smoker:

HuntinOwl
16-07-2003, 09:35
Originally posted by scheherazade
I found this spread on the Llewellyn site; I was rather interested by it. It's called the Hexefus spread. I don't understand it very well, though -- if anyone here knows more about it, could they illuminate for me?

http://www.llewellyn.com/tarot/

Where it says "Spread" on the form, just click the dropdown arrow down to "Hexefus."

Thanks for the link to a on-line insta-spread.

The "Hexefus Spread" looks a like the "Tree of Life Spread".
From the Qabbala, here a link to the site (http://alt-tolkien.com/r12qabbala.html).
here another that might be easier to understand (http://members.tripod.com/~SoloWytch/Tarot/treeoflife.html)

Trogon
16-07-2003, 23:47
Cool spread!! :smoker: Thanks for pointing this one out to us Scheherazade.

If one doesn't want to have the actual reading done, you can go to the Help & Info (http://www.llewellyn.com/tarot/info.php3) page and scroll down the Hexefus Spread and see the explanation of the spread and position meanings without the cards there.

Tallarico
17-07-2003, 02:33
WOW. i posed a question...so true the cards. i will also save this spread. Thanks.

HuntinOwl
17-07-2003, 18:11
Originally posted by Trogon
Cool spread!! :smoker: Thanks for pointing this one out to us Scheherazade.

If one doesn't want to have the actual reading done, you can go to the Help & Info (http://www.llewellyn.com/tarot/info.php3) page and scroll down the Hexefus Spread and see the explanation of the spread and position meanings without the cards there.

Trogon that also a good link and after I read it I noticed the it was not the "Tree of Life spread" (http://www.stars.co.il/starseng/b4u/tarot/tree.php)(which has 10 cards)this link is, it's also a insta-spread too, of the picture of the Tree of life (http://www.crystalinks.com/kabala.html). you can see from the picture how I could have made the mistake. I know research then post. I'll try to do it right next time. sorry...... but they were cool links....weren't they.

Trogon
17-07-2003, 21:23
Originally posted by HuntinOwl
Trogon that also a good link and after I read it I noticed the it was not the "Tree of Life spread" (http://www.stars.co.il/starseng/b4u/tarot/tree.php)(which has 10 cards) Don't sweat it HuntinOwl... When I first looked at this spread, my first thought was "Tree of Life Spread" too... :D

By the way... love the screen name... us avi-fauna need to stick together... LOL

carrielynnsim
27-07-2003, 08:43
I really enjoyed this spread. I had never heard of it, but actually the reading was one of the best ever!
I asked a business question and it was right on.
I think it may be because the spread isn't overwhelming. It has just enough info. Not too much where i'm "trying" to fit in everything, and not to little where i'm "wondering" if it's really right on. I don't know if any of you are that way -- left in limbo after a reading because the three cards made sense, but really wasn't quite enough. Drives me crazy! LOL
Anyway, i'm glad you clued me into this, because I think i'll be using it often.
Carrie

catlin
19-09-2003, 01:51
The name reminds me of "Drudenfuss", that's the old German name for a pentagram. The spread itself looks more like Tree of LIfe, though.

HuntinOwl
19-01-2004, 07:11
catlin,"Drudenfuss" and "Hexefus" Might have the same sound at the end of it, But there both quite different. You've seen the Hexefus spread now if you would be kind enough, if you could show us the "Drudenfuss spread" with a link. thanks.

fairyangel
11-02-2004, 14:25
i didn't like that reading at all! all it did was give me reversed cards and such, and an incredibly unfavorable reading. maybe its just my fear that its true thats making me not like it...

scorpio
12-02-2004, 02:47
The hexefus spread is detailed in the Rune Mysteries companion book to the Witches Runes by Silver RavenWolf and Nigel Jackson, of course published by Llewellyn. I think the reading site contains spreads specific to certain decks featured, like the animal helpers spread is from the Shapeshifter, i believe.

HuntinOwl
13-02-2004, 07:20
Originally posted by scorpio
The hexefus spread is detailed in the Rune Mysteries companion book to the Witches Runes by Silver RavenWolf and Nigel Jackson, of course published by Llewellyn. I think the reading site contains spreads specific to certain decks featured, like the animal helpers spread is from the Shapeshifter, i believe.
Your right the link at Silvers' site does contain the spread.

ArwenNightstar
25-11-2005, 07:15
Hexefus Spread layout
Silver Ravenwolf

~~~4~~~
3~~~~~5
~~~1~~~
2~~~~~6
~~~7~~~

1 Root
2 Love
3 Magick
4 Oath
5 Karma
6 Wisdom
7 Outcome

Dancing Bear
05-12-2005, 23:47
Cool spread!!
Thanks!
Dancing Bear

Glass Owl
10-05-2010, 15:06
I just discovered this wonderful spread today so I thought I should bump up this very old thread and included its details for those who haven't seen it before.

Hexefus Spread (found in "Rune Mysteries," the companion book to the Witches Runes by Silver RavenWolf and Nigel Jackson. Published by Llewellyn.)

The seven-card Hexefus ("Witch's Foot") spread has central card for the Root of the Matter, surrounded by five Mysteries and an Outcome card. The term "hexefus" refers to the shape of the spread (it resembles the double helix of DNA).

--4--
3---5
--1--
2---6
--7--

1. Root: The root position, the middle card, represents the root of the matter; what has gone before, and is directly related to the current situation. Check to see how the energies of this card blend with the other six cards; remember that it moves with each mystery in a different way.

2. Love: In the root card's lower left is the love position which shows the energies of the first mystery of universal love in the life of the querent. It explains how the querent's actions manifest in the surrounding world, whether following a harmonious Wyrd or a flawed one. It also describes how the querent perceives his or her relationships with others.

3. Magick: Beside the love position is the wisdom position which indicates the fifth mystery of wisdom, power, and lineage in the life of the querent. Here you will be able to discover whether or not the querent has used wise counsel, directs his or her power wisely, and how he or she is responding to his or her life's plan. The card can also tell you from what source the querent should draw to assist in the issue at hand.

4. Oath: In the root position's upper left is the magick position which indicates the energies of the second mystery of magick in the life of the querent. This card shows how we use our gifts, talents, skills, intuition, and psychism; and, in particular, how these gifts should or should not be used at this time. If the querent practices the occult sciences, some indication of that may be found here, if it bears relevance on the question posed.

5. Karma: Beside the magick position is the karma position which depicts the effects of the fourth mystery of karma or Wyrd in the life of the querent are apparent in this card. It can tell you if the person is working toward good karma, or not so good. Physical birth or death, both of issues and people, may fall here, depending on the question. Indications of past and present actions can assist you in answering the question posed. Financial and mental stability are also reflected in this card.

6. Wisdom: The topmost part is the oath position which brings forth the energies of the third mystery of one's oath in the life of the querent; showing what the querent, up to this point, has dedicated his or her life to, what his or her principles are, and how he or she operates according to those values. It may show you what is most important to the querent at this time

7. Outcome: The card at the bottom is the outcome position which shows the overall advice and counsel on the question asked.

Sheri
11-05-2010, 12:51
Hi Glass Owl,

Thanks for posting the details here so members don't have to go elsewhere for the information!

:love: Sheri