What I have learned from Tarot

Miss Bliss

So, I haven't posted much here in the last few months. I've been studying, reading books, researching and doing readings for friends, family,
friends of friends, receptionists at the doctors office and anybody else who will let me. I thought I would share what I have learned so far.
I would love to hear what you all have learned from the amazing Tarot.

What I have learned from you, my dear Tarot:

I have learned not to ask you a question unless I really want and am willing to hear the answer. I know that if I ask you if these pants make my butt look big, you will indeed tell me "yes dear, your butt looks huge in those pants. Please take them off and give them to charity. Someone 2 sizes smaller will get much use out of them".

I have learned that you will scream at me for asking the same questions over and over.

I have learned that my thumb "buzzes" while I pass my hand over the cards when I get to the card that I am meant to choose. I have learned that there is no way for me to explain this, and I shouldn't try. It is what it is.

I have learned that I am an empath. I can "feel" other peoples feelings. I learned this during a reading I did for a forum member and I felt her physical pain. I have researched and found many ways to both protect myself from these intrusions and to use them to help other people.

I have learned that I have a very good and solid intuition. If I meet someone and feel that they are sad, indeed they probably are.
It is the cards that allow me to see the reasons for the sadness.

I have learned that I am loved, not just by my family and friends but by the universe in general. I have gotten so many loving and encouraging messages through the cards and I am so thankful every day that I have found this tool to help me connect to something so much more than myself.

I have learned to use this tool to help people. I have never hugged so many total strangers in my life as I have in the past year. I have made people laugh and cry with messages from the cards and I always walk away knowing that I have helped them in some way, even if it is small.

I have learned that my dear, late Grandmother is walking beside me everyday. She has been looking for a way to let me know that
she is there and she is proud of me. She has been able to give me these messages through the Tarot cards.

I have learned, much to my husband's dismay, that I am a Tarot card collector. I need an intervention or a bigger house!

Jes

Hi there,

I just wanted to say I found this very moving.
It's beautiful.

Cheers :)

Alta

What a lovely post! So much that I have also found to be true.

Alta

Rovay

I have found out that there are quite more interesting and spiritual ways to channel my own energy than martial arts.

I have learned that with great talent comes great responsibility.

I have learned a new talent of mine.

I have learned that tarot is a gift and a curse; addictive and tiring. Positive and negative. It is a new lifestyle, which can cause great pain at times.

Overall, I have learned that tarot can change one's life.

Miss Bliss

Thank you Jes and Alta! Rovay, it is very true that it changes your life. The only negative that has happened to me so far was when my Catholic Mother-In-Law found my cards laying around and all hell broke loose. Lol. I'm sure I will encounter other things along the way, but I'm pretty sure for me, the good will always outweigh the bad.

Topsy

Starshine,

That was a beautiful post :3 I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your mother-in-law... Then again, my mum's a Catholic and she had me baptised, and we both use the Tarot. I'd hate for you to think we were all so anti-occult and mean, lol.

What I have learnt from the Tarot: gosh, how long have you got? XD The main things are a deeper understanding of the world around me and heightened intuition... For example, I am now much better at "reading" people and I often feel a sort of presence with me when I am alone. I'm not entirely sure what to make of the latter (A ghost? Guardian angel? Energy of the cards?), but weirdly, it doesn't scare me at all. Before Tarot, I would have been totally spooked out, but now I just find it calming and comforting. I feel in tune with everything around me.

I have also developed a better relationship with my mother, because we have something in common to discuss, and we enjoy spending long evenings together sharing our ideas about Tarot. I've learnt to respect the cards, and never ask a question for the sake of it; only when I really need an answer. I've become more mature and developed self-discipline by never asking the same question twice, no matter how tempted I am!

And finally, I never thought I would get addicted to anything, but Tarot has proved me wrong. If my cards were taken away from me, I would be devastated. I hope I have a long and happy Tarot journey ahead of me, and I wish the same for you and everyone on this forum. :)

Topsy

KMilliron

The tarot has taught me how to make up for the sense I DON'T have. Haha. I'm legally blind without my glasses, and have been hearing impaired since birth. My uncle calls me Helen Keller.

cronegoddess54

Yes the tarot has taught us all many lesson.....I just love how the cards speak to me and keep me amused, especially with the people I meet and know. Each of my friends, family and just the people I see in the store put off a vibration of what card would represent them in a deck. It is so amusing to do this.....My boss at work, one that is so obnoxious to me and talks down to me......she is the Seven of Swords in My Hanson-Roberts deck. ( a behind the scenes talk behind back sneaky person). Another dear co-worker that no longer works with me is The Empress, she tended the little garden at work and always wore hats and flowing skirts...she could nuture anyone in her loving motherly type ways......Even reading books, the Course in Miracles for instance I have had great realizations of cards that fit with the principles in the book......Going to start writing them down and see what I come up with, and who knows maybe I will have something there.....Love the tarot!!