Macramed bag?

KMilliron

Just wondering if anyone uses on for their cards? I macrame and plan on trying to make one, just to say I did. I'll post how it works out, but I just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with this.

Please and thank you
-KM

Fly My Pretty

I haven't tried that myself, but maske sure you post a ppic if you can when your done, i'd love to see how it turned out :)

KMilliron

Fly My Pretty said:
I haven't tried that myself, but maske sure you post a ppic if you can when your done, i'd love to see how it turned out :)
My hemp cable is too thin. After my testing tomorrow might see if my grandma has some yarn or something I could use. That and it's be softer than hemp, which I'm sure my cards would appreciate.

WyrdRaven

I once made a long rectangular "purse" from white cord and lined it with blue fabric. That's what I'd do for a tarot bag-- line the inside with cloth, so the cards have a solid, smooth bag in which to dwell. If you pick a nice color, the fabric looks quite nice peeking out from behind the macrame. I added fringe to mine, and beads on the fringe in the same color as the fabric.

KMilliron

If I get fabric then I'd prolly use black cord. Again, gotta talk to grandma.

Le Fanu

Macramé! So 70s! I'd love to see it when it's finished. I think a deck like the Morgan Greer would look GREAT in a macramé bag.

KMilliron

If macrame doesn't work I'll use my loom to make cloth out of my hemp and just sew a bag up ^^

Teheuti

I was just looking through my bags and deciding which ones to pass on at the give-away table at Readers Studio. I was looking at one that is either crocheted or knotted out of rough hemp cording. I'm afraid to put in any deck that I'd want to take in and out as I am sure it would eventually get scratched. By contrast, soft hemp doesn't hold it's shape very well.

The best yarns I've found are cotton, as the cards slide in and out quite easily with no issues of lanolin (with wool) or scratchiness. The linen and silk yarns are usually too fine. Fantasy Naturals Mercerized cotton works very well for knitting, at least.

Do you need rougher cording to hold the knots?

KMilliron

Teheuti said:
Do you need rougher cording to hold the knots?
No, its just more available to me. I seriously have about twenty rolls of hemp sitting next to my bed right now. Like I said, I'll have to hit Gramamy up for softer and thicker material.