Who you gonna call?

KMilliron

Haha, love that song. ^^

Anywho, I've always been looking into things people would consider paranormal, ever since a weird incident when I was younger, and now that I'm older I actually have the knowledge and tools to actively look into these things rather than just relying on google.

I know I may be asking for multiple lectures, but does anyone where use tarot to look into hauntings? My mom insists our house is haunted, and I have a huge gut feeling (and a spine feeling for that matter) that the answer resides in or near the abandoned well in my basement. My friends and I wish to look into this.

So any lectures, advice, tactics, or "wow that sounds like the start to a bad horror movie"-esque comments? Anything you have will be appreciated. :D

Much thanks
-KM

VGimlet

Interesting question.

I've never done anything with tarot and haunting myself.

Honestly, I grew up in a haunted neighborhood (really, even my parents thought so) but I never thought of using the cards when I lived there to find out more about it, and I kind of wish I had.

Especially after finding more about the area when I got older.

I might start with just a 3 card spread. You could tailor it to your situation.

How did it end up there. What does it want to tell you. Can you help it move on.

Very interesting. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see what others say.

(Me, I don't think these things are harmful. I think they are just echoes of the past that hang around, for one reason or another. But that's a subject for another area of the forum....)

Le Fanu

You can do readings on it as you can do readings on anything but honestly, I don't think you need tarot cards. I don't think you need anything. Hauntings are a realm apart I'd say. Focus on atmospheres, place trigger objects, have a seance, sit there in silence in the dark. Do you know anyone who has a highly developed 6th sense? Take them down there without saying anything, see what they pick up, if anything.

When I was sure I once lived in a haunted house I invited a psychic friend for tea without actually saying anything, and sure enough he immediately started sensing things.

KMilliron

Well here's my game plan type dealy.

I pretty much have no strong sixth sense, but I like to think I'm epic at tarot. When I investigated a haunted bar I was with some indigoes, so we kind of combined our efforts.

This time, we're pretty limited to what we can do. Considering I don't get strong vibes, that place was insane. Space is an issues. I looked over the area last night (can't even call it a room) and in order to get there I had to climb on a cooler, duck under some pipes, and army crawl through a hole in my wall about three feet above the floor. The entire room is filled with dirt. No exageration. Once in the area, I can hardly sit up because of how high the dirt is packed.

I've used tarot before, with good results (managed to get a spirit to blare a jukebox by using cards and a pendulum before) so I was just curious as to anyone else doing these things, and what techniques they used. My friends and I (one that gets vibes, one that gets messages, neither do tarot) have made a list of things we'll need, so we're getting set for this thing. :D

Lillie

KMilliron said:
My mom insists our house is haunted, and I have a huge gut feeling (and a spine feeling for that matter) that the answer resides in or near the abandoned well in my basement.
!!!!

So any advice
Don't watch the video tape...

or "wow that sounds like the start to a bad horror movie"-esque comments?
Yeah, did that...

Lol.

KMilliron

Lillie said:
Don't watch the video tape...
Win! First movie I thought of.

Was crawling around last night to get a general look of things, pulled out my phone and saw that the battery was dieing. I thought to myself Sooo sick of the horror movie cliches

"Hunt" as we call it, will be scheduled sometime after next weekend, so I'm studying up on useful spreads and the such in the mean time.

Eyebright

I have heard that people recommend Konxari cards for communicating with spirits.
Though I have never used them myself, so I can't comment on how good they actually are!
Finally; good luck! I hope you make it back out again! I wan't to hear how it goes :D

Lillie

Yeah, and if you find a body down there don't bother being nice to it.
It won't care and it will get you anyway.

KMilliron

Eyebright said:
I have heard that people recommend Konxari cards for communicating with spirits.
Though I have never used them myself, so I can't comment on how good they actually are!
Finally; good luck! I hope you make it back out again! I wan't to hear how it goes :D
Thanks! Never heard of those so Ill definitely do some googling.

Cerulean

Suggestion: shuffle, pull 22 cards, but lay out later

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=17109

By the way, am watching this thread, hope you post back on what happens. Is this an "Experimental Techniques?" reading.

Maybe you could pull cards with the intent of the history of well, or someone in contact with the well in the past? It seems like you'd be good at modifying the spread to 'reveal the well' story if you like?

So charged phone, buddy or two right outside well, flashlights, perhaps gloves/breathing mask, heavy socks and shoes against all the dirt and all the cheery things that like to crawl out at night...and the buddy with all the above and for you guys...have bottled water and clean tee-shirts or change of outer wear nearby somewhere? Is that too silly, like camping advice/gear?

I like your idea of a pendulum and a card, sounds like a great practice for you.

I'd pull the cards sometimes in an old, quiet space settings when it feels right sometimes, but don't do full layouts and read in 18th and 19th mission gardens with all Sunday strollers out and about...

You do not have much room and the dirt that comes with old spaces--and old construction--probably has it's share of old residue that we don't use nowadays, due to our understanding of what is poisonous. I think I'd keep my time to such a space say down to five-15 minutes at a time. You can pull the cards at the right time inside the well if you must, but do the layout of the cards on a cloth and in a better setting after when you can study your spread. A friend outside the well could also do a card draw, maybe even use the same spread that you could compare when you are doing your reading layout afterwards?

We have had to go under the house and several curious places doing home construction and at odd hours this past year and a half. Sometimes unseasonal rains/sounds prompted some investigation all these past months--- but all the insane sounds from old oven gas line moans and screeches and roof flashing whining /drumming to thudding rooftop footsteps and screeching pine boughs were due to...wind, ravens, possums, squirrels, raccoons, birds, feral cats and mice. Everything was quietly/quickly replaced or dealt with and taught us to be mindful.

The raccoons actually were well-known nearby residents that enjoyed our persimmons in season. One exceptionally huge, red-eyed and bold one glared at my husband while scrabbling through the boughs of the pine tree after splattering a few persimmons about (the squirrels/ravens sometimes drop them near our heads when we walk around) and then waddled away.

We don't argue with our natural neighbors and usually will do a good scrubbing after the underground/roofing encounters. Then I settle down to a reading...

For you, perhaps, we'd enjoy hearing about 'all is well.'

Take care and best wishes. It sounds curious and different.