Two sets of tarot cards

oraznoz

Does anyone know if it is ok to use 2 sets of cards at the same time for a reading, as I have accidently ordered 2 identical sets of cards?

Thank you

GryffinSong

Sure, although I think it would be very hard to shuffle. Some people even mix together two different types of decks to make one huge, varied deck. Use any deck you like, in any combination. On the other hand, you might return the extra, save it in case your first gets damaged, or trade it with someone for another deck so you have some variety. I'd do one of the latter, rather than try to shuffle a double deck.

rwcarter

If it works for you, then it's OK. ;) There are very few "rights" or "wrongs" when it comes to tarot. I use two copies of the Transparent Tarot together and have since I first got the decks.

I have had thoughts about creating a double deck of Bohemian Gothic/Victorian Romantic and first and second editions Bohemian Gothic, but haven't gotten around to it. I did a reading once with the Lo Scarabeo Universal Tarot and Tarot of the New Vision shuffled together, but I didn't keep the two decks together.

Rodney

nisaba

You might want to keep one copy of the deck as a backup, to use as and when the first on is worn our, or lost.

You might want to keep the second one untouched, tyo give as a gift later on when a friend expresses an interest, a "just in case" deck.

You might want to use one copy for yourself and another copy for other people.

Or just put it aside with no definite intentions, and see what naturally happens in the future.

If they were different decks with different artwork, they'd be more interesting to combine into a mega-deck, but as they're the same there doesn't seem to be a lot of point to me. But that's only me - you may feel differently.

SunChariot

oraznoz said:
Does anyone know if it is ok to use 2 sets of cards at the same time for a reading, as I have accidently ordered 2 identical sets of cards?

Thank you

When it comes to something being ok to do in Tarot, pretty well almost anythign is. There is really no right or wrong way to do anything. I've often, and many of us have, read with two or more decks at once. But with different decks.

I can't see any point to reading wtih two identical decks at the same time. I am not able to think of anything that could be gained by doing so, as you have the exact same chance of the same cards coming up.

I had two identical decks when I started. I kept one at home just for me, and kept one in my purse to carry around with me, and practice with when I had time away from home, thought that might be an idea.

Babs

morticia monroe

I'd use the deck for trade or a gift more than likely, but it COULD be interesting to have a double deck.
If you liken the cards to letters in an alphabet, you see how sometimes one letter is needed more than once in a word. It could be interesting to see what you draw, and if readings were different.