PDA

View Full Version : Carrying your stones around

DevilishAngel
18-05-2011, 11:49
How do you do it? Just keep them in your pocket or purse?
Do you make jewelry out of them?
I have one I want to carry around and would love to have as part of jewelry but don't know how that would work unless I bought one with the stone already in it....I'm cheap :D

Linh
18-05-2011, 12:47
Usually what I do is I slip a few stones in my tarot bag with my tarot deck in it. It gives my tarot the energy and since I usually have my deck around wherever I go, it gives me the energy as well.

celticnoodle
18-05-2011, 12:52
I'm cheap too! :D

I keep a citrine stone in my wallet--in the coin section. I also keep one in the coin compartment in my car, (I always have coins there for tolls and the parking meters in the city). I generally carry one in my jeans pockets--usually either my rose quartz or one of my grounding or protective stones, depending on what I feel I need, and sometimes quite a few of them!

Now! that said, I also have numerous little 'pouches' that I have purchased also at the New Age Shop, generally made of suede and they have a draw string that opens/closes it as well as a long string on some of them, that I could wear around my neck. those that do not, are still closed by a draw string and easily tucked into my purse. each little bag have cost me between $1.00 and $5.00 each. so not at all expensive. They each will hold a few stones, (depending on their size of course), and one of my 'purses' actually will hold easily 5 of my stones that I like to carry. I have one that I also carry one of my crystal balls in, which is the size of a shooter marble. no other stones go into this one though. it is home for the ball alone.

So, you can find them around at a very good price and are worth buying to hold your stones if you do wish to carry them with you.

Oh! and, I have purchased some stones that were made into jewelry as well as a key chain. I have a key chain with a beautiful piece of a snowflake obsidian attached. I also have bracelets that were made from certain crystals--(not by me, I bought them this way), and recently purchased a wonderful moldavite gem that I am hoping to find a chain for. the 'rock' lady (as she is known) has attached a silver wrap around it that can easily attach to a chain. Now, I just need to find the right silver chain for it! :D

tarotlyn
18-05-2011, 12:52
How do you do it? Just keep them in your pocket or purse?
Do you make jewelry out of them?
I have one I want to carry around and would love to have as part of jewelry but don't know how that would work unless I bought one with the stone already in it....I'm cheap :D

Great ideas so far! :thumbsup::)
...and yes, carry them all the ways you mentioned above, or learn to make jewelry with them.
Just google 'how to make your own polished stone jewelry' or something similar to that
and you should be able to find free tutorials and tons of other neat ideas, and
probably some with photos too.

And for when you are home:
(here is what I do)
I have a lovely large 'tree slice' table right next to my recliner (with a laptop
on the other side and a TV in the front) . Periodically, when sitting there, I reach over into
the two little crystal containers I have sitting on my little table (full of crystals,
raw natural and also polished semi-precious stones) and I pick out a crystal or
stone that I feel attracted to at that moment, and I just hold it/or them in my hand/hands
until they get really warm or hot. It is very energizing, soothing, and healing.

Careful...you could end up like me, and have these little friends 'all over' your house! LOL :laugh:

:heart: tatotlyn

BodhiSeed
18-05-2011, 23:05
I have an older friend who crocheted/knitted tiny pouches just large enough for one stone to fit in, then when she finished the pouch, she crocheted a chain onto it so it could be worn around your neck. The pouch was small, so you could easily wear it underneath your shirt. She used cotton, so that made it more comfortable to wear too!

kaleanna
19-05-2011, 00:10
Careful...you could end up like me, and have these little friends 'all over' your house! LOL :laugh:

:heart: tatotlyn

LOL this sounds like Me!

Caristia
19-05-2011, 01:06
If the stone isn't too big, maybe something like this would work:

http://www.mindbodyspiritonline.co.uk/spiral-cage-necklace-silver-2205-p.asp

That's what I used when I wanted my favourite piece of amethyst to accompany me to a proctored exam. We weren't permitted to bring anything into the room (even had to turn our pockets inside out), but we were allowed to wear jewellery. ;)

Le Fanu
19-05-2011, 01:14
I put mine in my pocket and have lost count of how many wonderful stones I have lost forever :(

morticia monroe
19-05-2011, 01:28

I have a few of these and I love them! I re-string them with ribbon or leather and use them as jewelry, or hang them from my rear-view mirror, tie them to the hardware on a handbag, tie a tarot bag with them, use them as a key chain, bookmark,etc.

celticnoodle
19-05-2011, 01:56

:heart: tatotlynOh yes! me too!

I have a large glass bowl on our coffee table in the living room, that holds a variety of crystals. I love to reach in and pick one up that I'm drawn to now and again.

I found a site (site addy shown below) with hints of what stones to put in each room for maximum benefit. I'm in the process of collecting said stones for each room-

example for the kitchen:

The kitchen is the heart of the house and the place where you can enhance family and togetherness. Green is the color usually associated with the kitchen and green stones like moss agate, jade or green adventurine work well in this room. Red jasper can also be used in the kitchen to aid digestion. To fix an imbalance, place a crystal anywhere there is a fire and water element next to each other. An example is the sink or dishwasher being next to the stove or oven.

you can follow this link for ideas for other rooms in your home.
http://www.ehow.com/how_2151460_place-crystals-around-home.html#ixzz15JJyMdai

don't forget to keep a small bowl of "tumbled stones near the telephone will help you deal with those difficult calls by giving you energetic assistance to help you maintain your own energy field, prevent over involvement in other peoples problems, increase your sales resistance and many other benefits. You can also reach into the bowl to select specific stones for a given situation." which I found at another site and found also to be very useful.

tarotlyn
19-05-2011, 02:55
I put mine in my pocket and have lost count of how many wonderful stones I have lost forever :(

:heart::) I have a theory about this...
I think that we put a drain on our stones and zap them of energy......and I also think
they definitely need to be re-energized by placing them in the sun light or full moon light
to be re-energized......OR they try (and do) escape or crack :bugeyed:

:heart:tarotlyn

tarotlyn
19-05-2011, 06:21
:):heart: celticnoodle, that is EXCELLENT information...I haven't heard about
different colors for different types of rooms in your house :bugeyed:...that's great! :)

oh...and this part of what you said:
...a special stone to "prevent over involvement in other peoples problems,..."
OMG!!! do I ever need that one!! :bugeyed::laugh: Exactly 'WHICH' stone is that?
I need it right now! YIKES...Ha ha...

:heart: tarotlyn

kaleanna
19-05-2011, 09:11
:heart::) I have a theory about this...
I think that we put a drain on our stones and zap them of energy......and I also think
they definitely need to be re-energized by placing them in the sun light or full moon light
to be re-energized......OR they try (and do) escape or crack :bugeyed:

:heart:tarotlyn

I find that the stones do try to escape or "hide" for a bit or totally disappear or crack depending how much energy has been zapped from them.

I have had some of my stones hide only to find them months later and I have had ones that totally disappear and are no where to be found, which either means that the time that I needed that particular stone is done and so it has moved on to the next place that it needs to be or that it's energy has been so depleted that it needed to "escape" and so to reenergize for it's next place that it needs to be.

I have yet to have one crack or break on me though.

DevilishAngel
19-05-2011, 10:20
Yeah, I think I do have little mini tarot like draw thing bags. The necklace idea is cute.
Haha, tarotlyn, I have stones scattered around. I've always like them, but only over the past few years have been learning of their energies. Seems like things I've always been drawn to end of having a reason behind it, like cards and stones.
I like the idea of putting bowls around your house for the different rooms!
:O Caristia! That is cute and cheap! I think I'll get it!
I was afraid of losing some if I put them in my pocket :\

How do you know how close they have to be to you in order to feel their energy?

oh...and this part of what you said:
...a special stone to "prevent over involvement in other peoples problems,..."
OMG!!! do I ever need that one!! :bugeyed::laugh: Exactly 'WHICH' stone is that?
I need it right now! YIKES...Ha ha...
I wanna know too!

DevilishAngel
19-05-2011, 14:37

That's what I used when I wanted my favourite piece of amethyst to accompany me to a proctored exam. We weren't permitted to bring anything into the room (even had to turn our pockets inside out), but we were allowed to wear jewellery. ;)
16 dollars for shipping.....maybe not :bugeyed:
I'll look for a store located in the US :D

NorthernTigress
19-05-2011, 16:34
I almost always have a stone or two loose in my pants pockets. Big ones, small ones, lumpy ones, whatever calls to me. :D I also have a small suede (or more likely faux-suede) mini-pouch on a thong. It's very small, but I managed to fit a lapis and black tourmaline along with two pieces that came off larger specimens: blue calcite and selenite.

I also have a knitted pouch that was originally sent to me with a small lenormand deck, but now perfectly fits 3 mineral "wands": One rhodochoisite, one mooikate and one labradorite.

DevilishAngel
19-05-2011, 18:43
If anyone is interested in pendants, I found a cheap store on Ebay that sells tons.
http://stores.ebay.com/Amy-Pendant

peaceandkarma
20-05-2011, 12:11
I had a very good Clear Quartz Crystal Keyring. The Quartz was a beautiful point with a fault-crack in it that called like a rainbow. But I dropped it and the keyring chain broke off. But luckly I can use the Clear Quartz as a point so I can save the crystal. I hate braking crystals and having to throw them away. I don't like using super glue to fix things as I end up glueing my fingers together.

Caristia
20-05-2011, 13:20
tie them to the hardware on a handbag, tie a tarot bag with them, use them as a key chain, bookmark, etc.Great ideas! Looks like I'll have to get a few more. I was never much of a shopper until I discovered AT...
I found a site (site addy shown below) with hints of what stones to put in each room for maximum benefit.Interesting! I never would have thought of that.
16 dollars for shipping.....maybe not :bugeyed:
I'll look for a store located in the US :DOuch! That is steep. I didn't know what country you were in. They seem to be hard to find in the US. I had Googled "spiral bead cage," but maybe they're called something different in other places. This US site has them: http://www.artandsoulbeads.com/store/spiralbeadcages.html. They're not as big, but they come in more colours.

DevilishAngel
20-05-2011, 14:27
Actually ebay has got some nice ones.
I got won 20 cages for 2.75! woot! And free shipping!
Hopefully they aren't crap :laugh:

paulrosk
20-05-2011, 15:43
The best thing to do is get yourself a little black felt bag with pull strings, put your stones in it, pull the string tight, and keep the bag right in your pocket so you can feel them all the time! Works for me.

Blessings ....

Paul

DevilishAngel
22-05-2011, 09:34
don't forget to keep a small bowl of "tumbled stones near the telephone will help you deal with those difficult calls by giving you energetic assistance to help you maintain your own energy field, prevent over involvement in other peoples problems,
Any certain ones you use to prevent over involvement in other peoples problems?

priscilla
24-05-2011, 14:38
I usually buy them in in form of jewelry. For daily wear, i prefer use them in form of bracelet.
I also crochet 2 pieces of my rose quarts and use them before i go to bed.

celticnoodle
24-05-2011, 23:48
sorry tarotlyn & devilish angel, just now saw your question re: which stones for helping us with difficult people.

The first stone is of course the amethyst. this is a fantastic gem that I feel is a MUST HAVE in everyone's crystal collection. The amethyst is a great calming stone and will also help keep you focused, especially in times of great stress. It is a great balancing stone and will keep you centered. It will help you when you feel your anger building up, to rid of it. It is also a good stone to keep you centered when you are feeling fearful or anxious.
(I try to always wear my amethyst ring to the dentist office during visits, as I am so terrified of the dentist and always so anxious with any appts. :P--and it seems to help!).

The amethyst it so good on many levels, that it is a definite 'to carry with you' and esp. if you are experiencing any of the above feelings! Plus, it's a great stone for intuitiveness. :)

Moss Agate is another stone that is great to have on your body when dealing with difficult people. It is a stone known to relieve stress and will also help you to get along with people whom are difficult. a fantastic stone to have on you if you're around those psychic vampire personality types. It is also a stone that will help you to communicate with difficult people in a calm way.

Red Jasper. I read in my crystal book that this is also known as "the worry bead". :laugh: a MUST have for me! I actually do have some, and think perhaps I should make a string of them in a prayer bead for my meditations. I'm a worry wart, and easily upset, so this is a must have for me as well. Red jasper will help you to remain calm. It also is a good stone to ground with and especially when you find yourself in a position that is not fair. it helps to balance those unfair situations. it is a very strong protective stone and a must have in your home. It is also a protection stone for anyone who is out in the night.

I think any jasper can do the above, but I love the coloring of the red jasper.

there are many more gemstones too that are fantastic for protection against those difficult people in our lives.

and, if you have already been through a tough time and need some healing, try carrying jet. Jet is a beautiful black stone that is very grounding and helps to bring about healing after a terrible time. It absorbs negative energies and makes it disappear. It is incredibly calming for me. I have been carrying one on me (and sometimes two!) in my pockets when I feel the need for grounding and healing.

there are many more out there. Jet and amethyst are two stones I like to have near the phone and everywhere in the house! lol. I don't have that many - yet....but working on it. :D

DevilishAngel
27-05-2011, 16:38
Thanks celticnoodle.
I've always loved amethyst anyway! :D

Aulruna
27-05-2011, 21:18
Usually what I do is I slip a few stones in my tarot bag with my tarot deck in it. It gives my tarot the energy and since I usually have my deck around wherever I go, it gives me the energy as well.

That's what I do too. None of my travelling decks is alone :D

I'm also carrying stones around in my jeans pockets, like my lovely lace agate right now. (Most of the time I'm wearing skirts though.)

And in the small zippered side pocket of my purse reside a rose quartz and a malachite.

The thing for me with jewelry is lots of stones really affect me if they are near my throat or heart chakras, so I have to be careful about that. My favourite piece is a spectacular crystal druse I got from an AT friend last year.

Egypt
28-05-2011, 01:36
I was thinking that if i can not find a stone holder, that i might get a whole drilled into my stones so that i mqay wear them as a necklace and put a ribbon or necklace threading in the whole to wear them. Do you think it is bad and will intercept the energy that flows through my crystal if i do decide to do as such and make it into a necklace? just curious because i can not seem to find a stone holder

lark
28-05-2011, 02:06
I was thinking that if i can not find a stone holder, that i might get a whole drilled into my stones so that i mqay wear them as a necklace and put a ribbon or necklace threading in the whole to wear them. Do you think it is bad and will intercept the energy that flows through my crystal if i do decide to do as such and make it into a necklace? just curious because i can not seem to find a stone holder
They might crack...
http://www.black-bear-haversack.com/index.php/cPath/27?osCsid=1ae96c3638e918b1214c789f38a0e361
Look here they have many little medicine bags for a cheap that you can put stones in and wear.

Egypt
28-05-2011, 02:11
They might crack...
http://www.black-bear-haversack.com/index.php/cPath/27?osCsid=1ae96c3638e918b1214c789f38a0e361
Look here they have many little medicine bags for a cheap that you can put stones in and wear.

ty for the site :) I will look into it. SHOOT i have been asking for a holder for so long. I should just make them and sell them lol. Nobody seems to have a holder as a compartment that opens and closes like a locket for example lol. I think i am going to open a new line of stone holders up .

lark
28-05-2011, 02:20
ty for the site :) I will look into it. SHOOT i have been asking for a holder for so long. I should just make them and sell them lol. Nobody seems to have a holder as a compartment that opens and closes like a locket for example lol. I think i am going to open a new line of stone holders up .
I've found the same thing...hard to find a nice one...if you want a really well made one, these are very nice.
http://www.ohboydenterprises.com/MedicineBagsSection.html