Carrying your stones around

AmethystEyes

How do you do it? Just keep them in your pocket or purse?
Do you make jewelry out of them?
I have one I want to carry around and would love to have as part of jewelry but don't know how that would work unless I bought one with the stone already in it....I'm cheap :D

Linh

Usually what I do is I slip a few stones in my tarot bag with my tarot deck in it. It gives my tarot the energy and since I usually have my deck around wherever I go, it gives me the energy as well.

celticnoodle

I'm cheap too! :D

I keep a citrine stone in my wallet--in the coin section. I also keep one in the coin compartment in my car, (I always have coins there for tolls and the parking meters in the city). I generally carry one in my jeans pockets--usually either my rose quartz or one of my grounding or protective stones, depending on what I feel I need, and sometimes quite a few of them!

Now! that said, I also have numerous little 'pouches' that I have purchased also at the New Age Shop, generally made of suede and they have a draw string that opens/closes it as well as a long string on some of them, that I could wear around my neck. those that do not, are still closed by a draw string and easily tucked into my purse. each little bag have cost me between $1.00 and $5.00 each. so not at all expensive. They each will hold a few stones, (depending on their size of course), and one of my 'purses' actually will hold easily 5 of my stones that I like to carry. I have one that I also carry one of my crystal balls in, which is the size of a shooter marble. no other stones go into this one though. it is home for the ball alone.

So, you can find them around at a very good price and are worth buying to hold your stones if you do wish to carry them with you.

Oh! and, I have purchased some stones that were made into jewelry as well as a key chain. I have a key chain with a beautiful piece of a snowflake obsidian attached. I also have bracelets that were made from certain crystals--(not by me, I bought them this way), and recently purchased a wonderful moldavite gem that I am hoping to find a chain for. the 'rock' lady (as she is known) has attached a silver wrap around it that can easily attach to a chain. Now, I just need to find the right silver chain for it! :D

tarotlyn

DevilishAngel said:
How do you do it? Just keep them in your pocket or purse?
Do you make jewelry out of them?
I have one I want to carry around and would love to have as part of jewelry but don't know how that would work unless I bought one with the stone already in it....I'm cheap :D

Great ideas so far! :thumbsup::)
...and yes, carry them all the ways you mentioned above, or learn to make jewelry with them.
Just google 'how to make your own polished stone jewelry' or something similar to that
and you should be able to find free tutorials and tons of other neat ideas, and
probably some with photos too.

And for when you are home:
(here is what I do)
I have a lovely large 'tree slice' table right next to my recliner (with a laptop
on the other side and a TV in the front) . Periodically, when sitting there, I reach over into
the two little crystal containers I have sitting on my little table (full of crystals,
raw natural and also polished semi-precious stones) and I pick out a crystal or
stone that I feel attracted to at that moment, and I just hold it/or them in my hand/hands
until they get really warm or hot. It is very energizing, soothing, and healing.

Careful...you could end up like me, and have these little friends 'all over' your house! LOL :laugh:

:heart: tatotlyn

BodhiSeed

I have an older friend who crocheted/knitted tiny pouches just large enough for one stone to fit in, then when she finished the pouch, she crocheted a chain onto it so it could be worn around your neck. The pouch was small, so you could easily wear it underneath your shirt. She used cotton, so that made it more comfortable to wear too!

kaleanna

tarotlyn said:
Careful...you could end up like me, and have these little friends 'all over' your house! LOL :laugh:

LOL this sounds like Me!

Le Fanu

I put mine in my pocket and have lost count of how many wonderful stones I have lost forever :(

celticnoodle

tarotlyn said:

Oh yes! me too!

I have a large glass bowl on our coffee table in the living room, that holds a variety of crystals. I love to reach in and pick one up that I'm drawn to now and again.

I found a site (site addy shown below) with hints of what stones to put in each room for maximum benefit. I'm in the process of collecting said stones for each room-

example for the kitchen:

The kitchen is the heart of the house and the place where you can enhance family and togetherness. Green is the color usually associated with the kitchen and green stones like moss agate, jade or green adventurine work well in this room. Red jasper can also be used in the kitchen to aid digestion. To fix an imbalance, place a crystal anywhere there is a fire and water element next to each other. An example is the sink or dishwasher being next to the stove or oven.

you can follow this link for ideas for other rooms in your home.
http://www.ehow.com/how_2151460_place-crystals-around-home.html#ixzz15JJyMdai

don't forget to keep a small bowl of "tumbled stones near the telephone will help you deal with those difficult calls by giving you energetic assistance to help you maintain your own energy field, prevent over involvement in other peoples problems, increase your sales resistance and many other benefits. You can also reach into the bowl to select specific stones for a given situation." which I found at another site and found also to be very useful.