Talking decks

Fly My Pretty

Tarotlyn mentioned in a post that the Anna K is a "Talking" deck.

I have been looking for a deck that really speaks to the reader and I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on decks I could look into.

:heart: FMP

nisaba

<cackle> Perhaps it's more about the reader learning to listen in different ways to different decks.

KMilliron

"The dead speak, the living just don't listen"
I want to say that was from a Dean Koontz book, but the concept applies with tarot cards as well.

Jes

I agree with both Nisaba and Kmilliron, I think its how we listen to our decks.

And a deck that speaks for me, will completely different to a deck that speaks to you... just like no two people are the same...

which really doesn't help ya does it, sorry lol

aranarose

What they said :) The amount of "talkitiveness" of a deck depends on how the imagery "speaks" to you. And that imagery will speak to one person differently from another. For instance, there are a lot of people that hard-core love the RWS. I can't stand it. It's flat and dull and boring and blech to me. I can read with it, but they are mechanically, keyword based readings, because the deck does very little for my intuition. My Shadowscapes on the other-hand? Yeah, that one just goes on and on and on for me!

The very first deck that really, really clicked for me was The Tarot of the Old Path. I've gone through three or four copies of it by now. Until then, it was all by-the-book, keywords and numerology to get the meanings. Yes, I gave accurate readings with decks before then, but that one? That one REALLY spoke to me. I've since found many other decks that speak to me. And which deck is speaking to me at any given time will depend on my mood and what I happen to be going through. When I was going through my separation and divorce, the dark decks really spoke to me. Now, it's all faeries and fantasy :D

Cerulean

Well, fairy tales, Shakespeare, Rumi and Law of Attraction themes

seem more easy to inspire creative storytelling...that is as a start... to hear how people enact tales.

I hope those themes suggest some ideas.

Fly My Pretty

Well thankyou everyone for advice, I guess i'm just going to have to be patient. The right deck will be out there for me somewhere :)

Briar Rose

I like the Pagan Tarot by Gina M. Pace and Anna K. because it depicts images from every day life.

The Tarot of Prague and Tarot de Paris speak volumes when I need a creative spark.

I love the Silver Era when I am feeling sad.

And the Vanessa is like your best friend and it makes me laugh.

I love them all.

GryffinSong

The cats in the Baroque Bohemian are speaking to me.

I drew the 9 of swords and was contemplating her sadness when I decided to pull a second card. I drew the page of swords. He leaped out of the card yelling "Fear not, dear lady, I shall save you!!!"

I swear. He really did. :)

Fly My Pretty

Thanks for the suggestions Briar Rose :)

And GryffinSong, lucky you, though I only have 3 decks at this time I've found that only one card really jumps out & speaks to me and that's the Queen of Wands from my Legacy deck ^^