The Dragon's Gallery, Bristol?

Frayling0

I'm studying at Bristol University (UK), and I just had a quick search if there were any tarot stores near me. It seems there's a store called The Dragon's Gallery, located in Clifton Bazaar on Whiteladies Road (5 minutes from the uni). I was wondering if anyone had been there before? I may pop in tomorrow if it's any good.

Frayling0

Ok, I visited this place today, it was glorious! The man was really friendly, but he said they're shutting at the end of the month which is pretty gutting :( All the stock was reduce though - grabbed a Morgan-Greer for 3 quid :D SOO happy - it's just as beautiful as it looks online.

Alta

Must be hard times for the bookstore business. Our wonderful Tarot/New Age store here closed in November. Sadly missed!

avalonian

I've been there twice and I loved it. It is a great shame that they are closing. I'm not sure that it is in the best location as I only found it by accident.

The good thing about being in Bristol is that it is within easy reach of Glastonbury. That will be the place to go if you are in search of Tarot Decks, and you can get a bus direct from Bristol all the way to Glastonbury, takes about an hour and 20 minutes.

:) :) :)

Frayling0

avalonian said:
I've been there twice and I loved it. It is a great shame that they are closing. I'm not sure that it is in the best location as I only found it by accident.

The good thing about being in Bristol is that it is within easy reach of Glastonbury. That will be the place to go if you are in search of Tarot Decks, and you can get a bus direct from Bristol all the way to Glastonbury, takes about an hour and 20 minutes.

True! Glastonbury is wonderful for that type of thing. Sadly, last time I went, I wasn't really 'aware' of tarot, so to speak.

avalonian

And the good news is................

They aren't closing down, they are moving into Broadmead, opening at Unit 13 in the Arcade on the 30th June.

Which is brilliant news as it's about time we had a shop like theirs in the middle of Bristol. They will have Tarot readings available as well.

They are a lovely couple, I hope they do really well there.

Their website is http://www.thedragonsgallery.com/

It has their current address but still gives an idea of what they do.

Frayling0

avalonian said:
And the good news is................

They aren't closing down, they are moving into Broadmead, opening at Unit 13 in the Arcade on the 30th June.

Which is brilliant news as it's about time we had a shop like theirs in the middle of Bristol. They will have Tarot readings available as well.

They are a lovely couple, I hope they do really well there.

Their website is http://www.thedragonsgallery.com/

It has their current address but still gives an idea of what they do.

Oh my gosh, that's wonderful! Sooo happy, since it's like the only tarot place in Bristol - and yes, they did seem lovely. Maybe I'll go for a reading. How did you find out? Oh... and is that down near Primark?

avalonian

Frayling0 said:
Oh my gosh, that's wonderful! Sooo happy, since it's like the only tarot place in Bristol - and yes, they did seem lovely. Maybe I'll go for a reading. How did you find out? Oh... and is that down near Primark?

I went up to see them. It is near Primark, it's the arcade that takes you into the middle of Broadmead towards the Galleries.

Much more convenient than where they were before.

Frayling0

avalonian said:
I went up to see them. It is near Primark, it's the arcade that takes you into the middle of Broadmead towards the Galleries.

Much more convenient than where they were before.

Awesome :D It's not really convenient for me, since the Uni is up in clifton lol... but ah well, I can get an 8 or 9 bus and head down. Maybe they'll have a larger site and more stock. Either way, I'm glad I'll still have a tarot place to go to in Bristol!