New crystals

Egypt

I Went to the gem stone store the other day and bought a few new stones for my collection :) I had so much fun and i have not cleansed my new stones yet but i plan to do so today! I bought and amber egg which has a part of a mosquito wing in it , which i thought was awesome! I also bough Aqua marine,2 magnetic hematite stones,a smokey quartz ,a rare rainbow obsidian stone, which i got lucky with as it was not even supposed to be for sale unless boughten for a whole sale price.I also bought my husband a tiger's eye buddah because his father gave him a jade small buddah when he was younger, and well his father passed away a few years ago.

as we were moving my husband lost it and was devistated. So when we went to the stone and crystal store i surprised him and bought it for him :) So now i have a total of 18 stones. Lol i am very far away from collecting them all , but some stones were like 6 to 11 dollars a piece.So this time when i went i got the ones i had most been wanting to get lol.

peaceandkarma

I bet your Amber egg looks very pretty. I love crystal eggs.

Egypt

amber egg

Yes ! It does, and you know what is funny. I went to the store specifically looking for an amber egg lol. They are so facinating, as they came from an extinct pine tree. It is said that today the only place you can find them is floating in the baltic sea, or on the beaches there.

I wonder what happened there that makes you able to find the in the sea. Maybe There was a big storm and it knocked the trees down and there are still some to this day in the ocean at the bottom. I bet nobody has even looked to see if there are any of the pine trees still left down there.:) anyways lol.

morticia monroe

I'm always happy to see someone falling in love with stones, and collecting!

Your amber egg sounds lovely! I also wanted to let you know that, for a usually small fee, Nevada is bound to have many places where you can go to collect stones on your own. There is nothing like the thrill of digging up or uncovering a beautiful specimen!

Egypt

wow

Really ! Do you know the website to these places ;) I have never really known where they were. I would love to go and try it! Dont know if i would find anything good haha but it is worth a try :)

peaceandkarma

I've got an Amber tumblestone which has what looks like a small mosquito inside, but your egg sounds really really nice.

morticia monroe

Egypt said:
Really ! Do you know the website to these places ;) I have never really known where they were. I would love to go and try it! Dont know if i would find anything good haha but it is worth a try :)

Just google "Rock collecting in Nevada" "Mineral collecting in Nevada", things like that, and you should find lots of sites. You're in a good place to find things.

I go digging in Arkansas, and find quartz. It's thrilling.

Word of warning. Once you're been on a successful dig, it's all you want to do. LOL.

Le Fanu

I have a beautiful chunk of amber which has a complete spider inisde. You can see all the tiny details, the prehistoric pincers on the jaw and the 8 hairy little legs. I love it. I bought it from a rock fair. It wasn't cheap but I really wanted a good, authentic specimen.

Enjoy your stones! Why Oh why do things always get lost in a move!

Egypt

Amber

Cool you all sound like you have some really awesome finds! My amber just has the wing of a moquito in it, but then again i heard that the mosquitos were huge back then , and i only bought a small egg of amber lol! May be i will find one with a whole insect in it :D And yes i will check out those sites , i have never went to a digging site which is so weird because i am facinated with gem stones and crystals.I guess it is one of those things that you really have to think about , to want to do haha. I never really see it advertised , but they probably do that so people will have to buy the gem stones for more at the stores lol.