I just got a new deck. I feel like a school girl.

MissJo

I'm absolutely giddy about this, I think I'm way more giddy than I need to be.

As a graduation present my mom took my sister and I to Seattle, and she showed me this lovely little shop called Eco Earth. When you step in your hit in the face by delicious smelling incense and beautiful metal Hindu statues and gems and books and ohhh...

I was walked past the counter and I saw the Deviant Moon Tarot deck. I found it on Aeclectic and I was unsure about it at first, but the images drew me in and I just fell in love and knew I had to have it at some point. And then, here is that beautifully dark deck, surrounded by amethyst.

I squeed and asked the clerk lady how much it was, and then my mom said she'd get it for me as a graduation present. I was laughing in the store, the clerk said "This girl is so happy! You should see her face!" and I was!

Ee, I love holding it. I feel kind of like a creeper saying this, but the cards feel so good in my hands and I break out in a big goofy smile and start laughing. I don't even want to let them go! There is a definite instant connection between this deck and I, I don't know if I can explain it but I know I love it! It just feels right<3

Ever get this feeling when you get a new deck or am I sounding like a total creeper? XD

KMilliron

Creepers unite. I had that feeling with my Necronomicon deck :D
Grats on graduating by the way!

MissJo

Must be deck-love at first site!
And thank you very much! :D

Briar Rose

There have been some decks I carry around in my hand all week, when I got them. And you're right, The Deviant Moon was one of them. Not too many decks I've fallen in love with- holding.

Tarot de Paris, and Tarot of Prague, Victorian Romantic, Fantastical, Reflections, LS Pagan are a few off the top of my head.

Alta

Great reaction! I can tell that is going to be one of your all-time decks! I too have some decks that just make me smile to look through and hold, and, congratulations too on graduation. :thumbsup:

Frayling0

Yup, know exactly how you feel, finally got Thoth today - it just feels so right. I did an initial reading and it flowed so well. It feels like MY type of deck - I've been searching for this for a long time lol :)

I'm happy you found a deck you'll love :D

taylorkiteling

You don't sound like a creeper at all! That's how I've felt about a very select few of my decks (mainly my Lo Scarabeo Tarot and my Fallen Angel Oracle decks - especially the Fallen Angel Oracle because it's new). The squeeing may fade after a while, but the connection you have to this deck is very special, and I really think it will stay. When you feel like this about a deck, it's rare for it to fade much - unless, of course, you find a deck with which you connect even better. But even then, this one will always be special to you.

Don't ever feel like you'll sound like a creeper by saying how excited you are about a deck. Most of us are much the same with certain decks. ;) I still squee a bit when I get out my first deck, the Jonathan Dee. It's old, worn, and I have many decks that are prettier, but the Jonathan Dee will always be special to me because of that connection.

-Taylor

P.S. Congratulations on graduating!! :D

DaughterOfDanu

Sounds like a great experience!

I've yet to find "that deck" although I have a few in mind I think would do the trick. *Cough* Baroque Bohemian Cats *Cough* ;)

Carla

I haven't found 'that' deck yet either, but I still love holding hands with several of my decks. Sometimes several in the same day. Sometimes in the same hour. Ooh, I'm a tart. Wow. I never noticed how close 'tarot' is to 'tart'.

Amanda

Funny Carla, I was just telling someone the other day that I think I'm a deck tease, and shy away from decks that come with bigger books because I can't stand the thought of committing myself to just one. LOL It's the only area of my life I really get to "mess around" and "play" at my leisure, so I take full advantage of getting my hands on as many as possible just to see what they're like. :D

I've got the Vanessa coming in celebration of husband's new job (his idea) and I think that one might make me feel all giddy. It seems very lighthearted and fun, and I could always use more of that in my life. :)