Mother Teresa Inspirational Deck (50 cards)

graspee

Hmm, "The Faith, Compassion, and Dedication of Mother Teresa are illuminated in this lovely collection of inspiration cards."

Compassion? Mother Teresa was the woman who refused to give painkillers to a woman dying of cancer, telling her that her pain and suffering was like Jesus's and to be welcomed. She and her nuns used dirty implements and withheld painkillers and antibiotics from patients, many of whom died when they had no need to at all and yet when Mother Teresa herself needed heart surgery she got a private jet to America where she was treated at top private clinics.

Glass Owl

graspee said:
Hmm, "The Faith, Compassion, and Dedication of Mother Teresa are illuminated in this lovely collection of inspiration cards."

Compassion? Mother Teresa was the woman who refused to give painkillers to a woman dying of cancer, telling her that her pain and suffering was like Jesus's and to be welcomed. She and her nuns used dirty implements and withheld painkillers and antibiotics from patients, many of whom died when they had no need to at all and yet when Mother Teresa herself needed heart surgery she got a private jet to America where she was treated at top private clinics.
Like you I don't agree with a lot of things Mother Teresa stood for (against conception?!) so I wouldn't buy this deck for myself. However, it may be a deck that someone here could use to introduce a Catholic to the world of oracle/Tarot and at the very least, may be a step to getting a Catholic friend/family member to be a bit more open minded about cards in general.

WyrdRaven

I bought a copy for my mother, who is Catholic. I have also given her Tarot of the Saints and the Master Tarot. I told her to pull a card a day (or whenever) to contemplate, and then write about it in her journal. Even though she doesn't journal cards anymore, she does enjoy looking at the decks and thinking about the cards.