A realization...

jdev

I just realized you really can't read for yourself everyday when your circumstances don't change. I don't leave the house. I can't, no money and no gas. I don't have a job and can only search for one online. There are no visitors, I don't watch tv, read the news, or anything. So, what is the point of doing a daily draw when life on your eight-way hand-tied davenport doesn't change? None. Am I right or wrong here?

I am going to pick a public figure and do a daily reading for them. I don't know if I will pick one a day or one to follow over the course of time. I don't know if I will pick someone I like or someone I detest (I'm leaning toward "detest" because S***h P***n is so easy to follow in the news because of all her idiotic gaffs). I think I am leaning toward picking one very public figure to follow over the course of time.

What are your thoughts?

lilangel09

Maybe your outside life doesn't change, but your inner life/emotional nature certainly does. You don't feel exactly the same or have the same exact thought everyday, right? You get dreams at night that peak your curiosity, right?

You can certainly read for yourself everyday and explore new and old feelings/thoughts. Of course, this may not change your current circumstances, but you can definitely read for yourself everyday, even if there is not much going on in a physical sense. Whether you find these kind of readings are worthwhile is up to you.

You can also pick someone else to read on if you want.

re-pete-a

lilangel09 said:
Maybe your outside life doesn't change, but your inner life/emotional nature certainly does. You don't feel exactly the same or have the same exact thought everyday, right? You get dreams at night that peak your curiosity, right?

You can certainly read for yourself everyday and explore new and old feelings/thoughts. Of course, this may not change your current circumstances, but you can definitely read for yourself everyday, even if there is not much going on in a physical sense. Whether you find these kind of readings are worthwhile is up to you.

You can also pick someone else to read on if you want.

I like your brainwaves LILANGEL09

Perhaps drawing your daily card will give you the "flavour ' of your days activities.

As Lilangel09 suggests
your mind will change your inner and outer worlds.

Carla

I don't do daily draws for myself. They just don't work for me at all. I read for myself when I have an issue that I want clarified, otherwise I content myself offering readings here or just studying cards. :) Maybe you're like me, and reading for yourself every day just isn't working for you.

marimorimo

I had a similar realization as well just recently. I initially started doing a 5-card daily draw (saw it in a book) and while there are a few hits, most of the time the cards didn't make sense. My life (going to work and back) is too routine and nothing much out of the ordinary ever happens.

I figured asking the cards to show me 5 different things at a time when I could be lucky if 1 kind of thing happened in a day is too much so I scaled back and switched to daily 2-card readings (I don't like 1-card daily draws because a single card seems to me like it exists in a vacuum... I prefer 2 cards to see how the energies of 2 cards influence each other). I've been doing daily 2-card spreads for about a month now and for the most part my daily draws have been making sense.

So maybe you just need a different kind of spread...?

Carla

Even daily 1-card draws never made sense to me. :) Man, my life must be totally boring. ;)

YDM42

Spiritually we are always growing and evolving, life is constantly changing, maybe you could change your focus of the draws to a spiritual one.

jdev said:
I just realized you really can't read for yourself everyday when your circumstances don't change. I don't leave the house. I can't, no money and no gas. I don't have a job and can only search for one online. There are no visitors, I don't watch tv, read the news, or anything. So, what is the point of doing a daily draw when life on your eight-way hand-tied davenport doesn't change? None. Am I right or wrong here?

I am going to pick a public figure and do a daily reading for them. I don't know if I will pick one a day or one to follow over the course of time. I don't know if I will pick someone I like or someone I detest (I'm leaning toward "detest" because S***h P***n is so easy to follow in the news because of all her idiotic gaffs). I think I am leaning toward picking one very public figure to follow over the course of time.

What are your thoughts?

jema

I never saw daily draws as doing divination, it is just a nudge for myself to try to see the days events in a different light.

oh what is a ' eight-way hand-tied davenport' by the way?

Le Fanu

Daily draws say loads! I love 'em!

Oh and jdev... can't you offer readings in the reading exchange (are you a subscriber?) It is much better to offer a reading for someone here who would find your insights useful than reading for a vacuous celebrity.

Sulis

Le Fanu said:
Daily draws say loads! I love 'em!

Oh and jdev... can't you offer readings in the reading exchange (are you a subscriber?) It is much better to offer a reading for someone here who would find your insights useful than reading for a vacuous celebrity.

The Reading Exchange is open to everyone now - it's not a subscriber only forum.. The change happened a week or so ago: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=2753183

As for daily draws, they work best for me if I do a single card draw at the end of the day so a retrospective draw... I look for the energies of that card. I've found it's good to do that because you see how the cards have worked in ways that you wouldn't necessarily have thought of.