PDA

View Full Version : Problem Posting New Thread

Minderwiz
15-07-2003, 05:45
When I tried to start a new thread a few minutes ago I got the following error:

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Unable to save result set in /home/tarotfor/public_html/admin/db_mysql.php on line 93

There seems to have been a slight problem with the Aeclectic Tarot Forum database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Any ideas what the problem is.

Minderwiz
15-07-2003, 05:47
Just to add that this posting worked but a retry in the Astrology forum of my intended post did not.

wavebreaker
15-07-2003, 05:59
I get this error every now and then. Usually if you wait a while and try again, everything works properly again. I don't think there's much else we can do about it... ;)

HudsonGray
15-07-2003, 06:19
Me too, I was posting & got that message, but the post did go through so I didn't worry about it.

Minderwiz
15-07-2003, 07:39
Thanks for the help - it's still refusing to take a new thread in Astrology, even though I can post to existing ones.

Ah well the forum must have transiting Saturn square to natal Mercury.

I'll keep trying and hopefully it'll eventually take it.

wavebreaker
15-07-2003, 07:43
Maybe you're not allowed to post in Astrology anymore? }) :D

Looks like the forum is a bit confused tonight though, I got a similar message about half an hour ago. And that was the second time tonight.

Minderwiz
15-07-2003, 07:58
You may well be right - perhaps Solandia's trying to give me a message LOL

I must have tried about 15 times and same result but I can post an ordinary reply no problems - looks like no Full Moon Report this month LOL

wavebreaker
15-07-2003, 08:09
Must be something wrong with the Astrology forum. I just tried posting there as a test, but I couldn't post either.

Do you think that Full Moon has anything to do with it?

Astraea
15-07-2003, 09:37
I've been getting that message intermittently all day long -- sometimes when I try to log on from my browser Favorites, and sometimes when I hit the "back" button; so it's connected to more than starting new posts and/or particular forums.

Minderwiz
15-07-2003, 18:28
Well, I managed to successfully post the Full Moon report this morning, so whatever it was has gone away :)

I also had similar problems to Astraea at one point, in trying to return to the main page. Thereafter my favorites link did not work either for about 10 minutes.

Anyway, sweetness and light are back :)

Solandia
15-07-2003, 19:02
The server that hosts the forum's database was down for a while last night. That would have caused the error messages, but I think it's fixed now.

~ Solandia

Minderwiz
15-07-2003, 19:24
Thanks Solandia,

Yes this morning's thread posted OK

Astraea
16-07-2003, 03:35
Fine here, too, this morning. Thank you for the explanation, Solandia.