PDA

View Full Version : Will this work re thread heading?

Moongold
15-07-2003, 06:46
If I edit the thread heading, it does not seem to show on the Boards after posting the alterations.

Is there anything special that needs to be done?

wavebreaker
15-07-2003, 07:10
For some reason, the change only shows in the post itself. If you want to change the title that's shown in the forum index, you'll have to ask the moderator of that forum to change it.

Moongold
17-07-2003, 07:15
Thanks for the reply, Tarotlady....

I am a Moderator but I'm still not sure how to change the thread heading in the forums I moderate or co-moderate. Could you be more specific?

As stated, I can change the heading but not so that it shows in the general postings.

Thanks in advance

Kaz
17-07-2003, 07:36
hi moongold,
i tried changing the title of a thread.
if you choose edit, you can edit the title, what you cannot change is the title of the post itself with that option.
so when you choose edit, the index of that forum will show the new name of the thread, but when you click the thread, you will see that the post you made still has the same title.
if you are the owner of the post (ie you posted this post), just click the edit button like when you correct your spelling, you can change the title of your post. if you are a moddie, you can do that to anyones posts in your boards.

these changes should show, just hit refresh, and make sure the page doesnt come from local cache.

is this what you asked? i hope this helped a bit.....

~kaz

Moongold
18-07-2003, 22:02
Kaz,

Thank you for your help. I discovered what to do by accident.
As Moderators we can go to Thread Options and press GO. That opens up an EDIT dialogue box wherein we can change the thread heading.

As you can see, it worked. :)

Kaz
19-07-2003, 06:41
yup, thats a possibility as well.
and the good thing about that one is it keeps notes so you can see who edited on that thread the lsat time and when.

~kaz