Marseille Oracle Cards

DownwardSpiral

About the Marseille Oracle Cards
Inspired by the tales of sailors and wanderers, this oracle deck is filled with scenes of sea life and travel. The mystery and wisdom of journeys to faraway lands is brilliantly rendered within the historid Lenormand style, which dates back to the days of Napoleon Bonaparte.
Boxed deck includes 32 full-color cards and instuction booklet.

Publishing Details
Publisher: Llewellyn Publications

Date: December 04, 2004

Edition: Illustrated

ISBN13: 9780738706030

ISBN: 0738706035

BINC: 7571835

Language:Italian

This is the description copied from Borders.com

Althought this description says "rendered within the historid Lenormand style"
there are only 32 cards so I'm assuming this isn't considered a Lenormand deck? (At least I don't consider it one)

Anyway I bought this deck and although the cards are a little on the thin side.....there's just something about it. I like it.

I did a reading and used the interpretations from the LWB and it actually made alot of sense.

So I'm curious.....does anyone else have/read with this deck? Do you use the spreads from the book or do you just say pull 3 cards? What about the interpretations? The LWB or the image on the cards?

I did a search and nothing came up so when you find one and post the link here......LOL don't thump me over the head too hard : )

Le Fanu

Search for "Marseilles" in Oracles and you'll find this. :)

I don't think this deck is even trying to be a Lenormand to be honest. I have a hunch that the Lenormand deck is slowly becoming the benchmark against which historical non-tarot decks are judged by. But there are loads of different types of decks around and they don't all aspire to being Lenormands. That blurb is just saying that to try and sell more.

This is a superb little deck. Stark symbols and wonderfully easy to read. I'm sure you'll enjoy it...

DownwardSpiral

Ahahaha : )

Thanks Le Fanu. I really need to figure out how to use the search feature. LOL not just at this forum.

I read your thread : )

The first thing I noticed when I looked through the cards was that there were 2 gentlemen. Upon a second look I saw they had different numbers. I'm suprised the same picture was used twice.

In the LWB for 32 The Confirmation "The card that reinforces the meaning of the previous card or the next card. If this is the last card, it will strengthen the final result."

Something about these cards....I'm really drawn to them : )

Le Fanu

Interesting what you posted as the copy I had didn't come with the LWB. I assumed that same card was a Significator.

I was surprised at what you said about how the cards are "a little on the thin side". Mine are nicely stiff. Must have got an older copy.

It really is a lovely little deck.

La Force

Marseille oracle cards

I just received this deck, I really like them. I sure would like more discussion on this deck please. how do you use them? as in do you treat them like a lenormand deck, reading in pairs, creating sentence from on keyword of each cards? do you read them like a regular oracle. pull a card a day? do you read them like playing card cartomancy ? Please educate me on how you use these cards.

There is very little info on the internet.

La Force
:)

Le Fanu

Like Lenormands - as in single card draws are essentially useless. I think they work as a grand tableau, or a three card draw or a five card draw...

However you want. I think the images and concepts depicted are very vivid and accessible.

La Force

Like Lenormands - as in single card draws are essentially useless. I think they work as a grand tableau, or a three card draw or a five card draw...

However you want. I think the images and concepts depicted are very vivid and accessible.

Thanks so much, now that was very encouraging to hear, no Rules, to how you can use this deck. Would you be game for a study/reading group, where we can share our difference ways of reading / using the cards etc.