PDA

View Full Version : New FORUM UPGRADE

Egypt
13-06-2011, 00:17
I am so excited to see the new upgrade and wish it could happen sooner.I have been on this site for a month or 2 now,sounds like i am a noob,but i absolutly positively know that this site is amazing and deserves this upgrade.This site has brought people together from all over the world ,and helped me grow as a person while making friends at the same time.Knowledge is power, and power is knowledge which this site has given me.

I know this is not the write section to write this but i am not a subscriber as i do not have the funds at the moment.But even though i am not a subscriber , i feel as though this site is my second home and fully support everything you have all done for us here at tarot forums.I hope to see this site until and beyond i am 1000 years old lol.So i just wanted to say ty Aclectic Tarot and good luck on this wonderous upgrade !

mzansi-afrika
13-06-2011, 03:20
Its a wonderful forum isn't it Egypt. And there is a lot more interaction on this forum compared (imho) to other tarot and other related sites so there's lots more to learn from others. If i may say there's lots more intelligent conversations on here too and you'll find a greater balance of give and take when it comes to readings, exchanges and feedback. There's honesty and privacy as well (well as far as i have experienced).
Yep there's a nice bunch of folks here. I look forward to seeing you round the forums and welcome to AT!

Topsy
13-06-2011, 06:26
Hehe, I know exactly what you mean! :D As soon as I got my own bank account (I only recently turned 18), I subscribed and now I'm running a giveaway to say thankyou to everyone here. I've learned more on this site than any book has ever taught me. In a book you don't get a discussion like you do on here, with different points of view being put forward. I could honestly gush about this site for hours. XD

I'm excited about the new upgrade too, it's great that the forums are constantly growing and improving. The community's growing quickly too, with new members on here every day, each with something different to contribute.

By the way, if you don't have the funds for a subscription but would really like one, I'm sure there's a scheme where you can be considered for a sponsored subscription. Have you looked into that?

Topsy

Egypt
13-06-2011, 06:40
Hehe, I know exactly what you mean! :D As soon as I got my own bank account (I only recently turned 18), I subscribed and now I'm running a giveaway to say thankyou to everyone here. I've learned more on this site than any book has ever taught me. In a book you don't get a discussion like you do on here, with different points of view being put forward. I could honestly gush about this site for hours. XD

I'm excited about the new upgrade too, it's great that the forums are constantly growing and improving. The community's growing quickly too, with new members on here every day, each with something different to contribute.

By the way, if you don't have the funds for a subscription but would really like one, I'm sure there's a scheme where you can be considered for a sponsored subscription. Have you looked into that?

Topsy

wow i did not know that was even an option. ty for letting me know topsy i will have to check into that. lol :)

Topsy
13-06-2011, 06:49
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=26892&page=1&pp=10

Here is the thread :)

It's not a guarantee that you'll get a subscription, but it gives you a chance.

nisaba
14-06-2011, 12:45
Upgrade? Did I miss something?

Laura Borealis
14-06-2011, 12:54
Upgrade? Did I miss something?
Forum upgrade coming soon! (http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=157021) :)

Stormdancer
14-06-2011, 13:32
Upgrade? Did I miss something?Imminent....you've not been paying attention??? THAT would have been a surprise for you?

Muir Aingeal
14-06-2011, 14:28
Up to 12 hours of down time? *gasp* how shall I survive? :bugeyed:

poopsie
14-06-2011, 18:36
Heck, ... I'll have to deal with my withdrawal symptoms. .. hehehe I'm grateful though ... and looking forward!!!

GreenMoonBeam
14-06-2011, 19:15
*Gulps* OK ,I can cope. I can cope. I am strong *gulps* :(

Alta
14-06-2011, 21:46
You are going to love multi-quotes! No more [quote=xyz..... and etc.

Fire Cat
14-06-2011, 21:48
We will still have to captcha the italics and bold's like [ i] and [ b], etc.?

Stormdancer
14-06-2011, 22:06
Well, at least the hockey finals will be on that night..... ..............

***sniff***

ETA...never mind about the hockey. WE in the US will off tonight...I think....**ouch**

214red
15-06-2011, 00:13
Its interesting that its on an eclipse, hope it goes well...

Alta
15-06-2011, 01:53
We will still have to captcha the italics and bold's like [ i] and [ b], etc.?Yes, I think so.

gregory
15-06-2011, 02:31
Yes, I think so.
Unless we use firefox and have that handy little tool....

Fire Cat
15-06-2011, 02:34

Firefox is soooo aggravating.

What tool are you talking about, though?

Laura Borealis
15-06-2011, 02:43
I used to have that, but when I upgraded Firefox it stopped working. Last I checked it wasn't updated. Maybe it is now...

ETA: Found one called BBCodeXtra that does the same thing... and more. :D

gregory
15-06-2011, 02:44
I used to have that, but when I upgraded Firefox it stopped working. Last I checked it wasn't updated. Maybe it is now...
There's a new version for 4. Hunt through upgrades for BBCodes and it come up.

Laura Borealis
15-06-2011, 02:48
Yup, found it. Thank you. :cool5:

Babalon Jones
15-06-2011, 03:29
twelve whole hours! *chews thumbnail*

Oh well, guess I'll get more work done anyway!

OctoberGwen
15-06-2011, 07:20
I feel stupid. When is it happening on the East Coast, USA? (I see two "EST" times listed in Solandia's note.)

12 hours? *takes calming breath*

gregory
15-06-2011, 07:46
EST is Eastern Standard Time. By a remarkable coincidence that is the same time Dragon Cave uses.

This clock (http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Clock.php) will tell you what EST time is right now. Then you can work backwards...

Alta
15-06-2011, 07:53
If I am reading that right, for EST it is 8 pm Tuesday, i.e. this this evening. That first EST I think is Australian time and was likely a typo:Wednesday, 15th of June at 10am EST (Tues 4pm PST, 8pm EST, Wed 12am GMT)

Fire Cat
15-06-2011, 08:04
Ok so about two hours from now.

The sooner the better for us in the States IMAO! And at least it'll happen for the most part overnight.

ETA: I don't think the first EST is a typo; I think we would just refer to it as AEST (Australian Eastern).

DownwardSpiral
15-06-2011, 08:10
If I am reading that right, for EST it is 8 pm Tuesday, i.e. this this evening. That first EST I think is Australian time and was likely a typo:

Quote:
Wednesday, 15th of June at 10am EST (Tues 4pm PST, 8pm EST, Wed 12am GMT)

LOL this whole thing is starting to confuse me. I thought AT would already be offline. And why am I thinking EST is only one hour ahead of me???

cronegoddess54
15-06-2011, 08:13
I just had an awful thought to cross my mind.....is Mercury in retrograde??? What if it is an AT gets lost in limbo or something!? Okay just fretting.....holding my breath..do not know what I would do without AT!! Lol

Fire Cat
15-06-2011, 08:20
I just had an awful thought to cross my mind.....is Mercury in retrograde??? What if it is an AT gets lost in limbo or something!? Okay just fretting.....holding my breath..do not know what I would do without AT!! Lol

Mercury went retrograde Mar 30 2011 at 12:48 and direct on Apr 23 at 02:05. It doesn't go retro again until Aug 2 2011 at 19:51.

http://www.beyondsunsigns.com/mercretwhen.html

I, too, am curious whether Solandia timed this to the lunar eclipse that is visible from Australia ;)

OctoberGwen
15-06-2011, 08:28
If I am reading that right, for EST it is 8 pm Tuesday, i.e. this this evening. That first EST I think is Australian time and was likely a typo:

Thank you. :)

I will light a candle for an uneventful upgrade tonight and hopefully I will wake up to a bright and shiny AT.

:laugh:

cronegoddess54
15-06-2011, 08:54
Six more minutes??? Ohhhhh................

Stormdancer
15-06-2011, 09:31
Six more minutes??? Ohhhhh................nononoNO!!! 30 minutes, RIGHT??? What's gonna happen to all of us if we're here when it starts?

Has anyone survived such a thing? :(

gregory
16-06-2011, 23:36
WOW now you can see 1000 posts to a page.... :D Me LIKE (for saving threads.)

- but can we have a few numbers between 50 and 1000 ?

SilentBreeze
17-06-2011, 01:38
The upgrade is great! So much more convenient. Thanks Solandia

Ambrosia
17-06-2011, 07:01
I LOVE the new upgrade! Mwah!

I do wish we had a "quick reply" box at the bottom of threads though for when we don't need to use all the reply extras.

Fire Cat
17-06-2011, 07:13
Another discovery of the New and Improved: automatic resizing of attachments!!! <must be said like you're Oprah singing an important announcement!!!!>

Stormdancer
17-06-2011, 09:51
Another discovery of the New and Improved: automatic resizing of attachments!!! <must be said like you're Oprah singing an important announcement!!!!>ROTFLMAO...That's funny!

I must say that this whole process has been SO smooth. I'm stunned!

All Hail (((Solandia))) :royal:

***gigglefit***