Thought I would try something New......

Rev_Vesta

I don't know if this is totally new or not......but thought i would try it yesterday with a few clients for readings... Wow wow wow.....

Began Original RWS The Majors only Choose selected cards, Doesn't matter qty..just less than 12...you decide....
Then a Full Tarot Deck (Different Theme) I used Shadowscape Tarot.... Choose exactly same amount of cards (less than 12) Lay them ontop...

Then used a selection of 12 small crystals- (choose same amount of crystals and lay them ontop.....) then in each position read each card and the crystal seperate then tie the meanings together....

eg (RWS)The Chariot, (Shadowscape Tarot)Queen of Cups and Clear Quartz.......
Be in drivers seat, take one astep at a time towards goals, dreams with clarity.....
Have clarification when taking one step at a time towards your goals by being on control....

Just an example of how they could be read......

Does anyone else ever work with different Divination tools but read them together? What have you found work for you?
Can be an interersting experiment......

nami

I usually just stick with one, but I've tried a few combinations. I've done two tarot decks or two oracles at once and an oracle and tarot deck together. The readings were okay, but some deck combos worked better than others. Runes along side a tarot or oracle decks together have given mean some really good readings. When I need some deeper insight into a situation/questions, I sometimes use them together.

I'm interested to hear the other combinations people have tried. :)

lilangel09

I have read with 2 decks at once. Never before. I personally like to keep it clean as possible by only using one deck at a time. I would equate what you did to "reading 3 cards" each group, which would be exhausting for me, but a nice experiment.

jaj

Well, this may or may not be what you're asking, but I'm in the middle of a perplexing situation at the moment. In the last 2 days, I've used Astrology, I Ching, and Tarot to ask about various aspects of the situation, but not all at the same time. I used Astrology to see the personality dynamics, I Ching for straight talk when I thought I might be fooling myself, and Tarot to see the subtleties and evaluate different behaviors. There is synergy in the advice. For example, both the I Ching and Tarot referenced the surprise of the situation. The I Ching came up with hexagram 51 for Shock, Tarot came up with the Tower.

Barleywine

This is certainly a fertile area for deeper exploration. I have used crystals as an "adjunct" (I hesitate to call them "props" since they're much more than that) during the preliminary meditation but not as a source of divination. If I have reliable natal charts I will bring in astrological transits and secondary progressions, but this usually isn't the case with most querents (I don't have "clients" as such). The concept of "planetary hours" might also be useful if you have some flexibility as to when to start a reading. I've also experimented with geomancy (randomly drawn stones, not random marks in soil) for more mundane issues. I haven't picked up I Ching in a long time, but someone recently gave me a very nice set of "I Ching Cards" that I should really work with some (been using Chinese coins for casting the hexagrams). I guess it depends on how many balls you want (and are able) to put in the air.

One thing I have done for quite a while is use a preliminary spread that I got from Aleister Crowley, in which the significator is left in the deck, it is shuffled and cut into 4 packs (Fire, Water, Air Earth), right to left, and the significator is located, giving an advance look at the elemental field of inquiry (which may not be the one at the front of the querent's mind). I've tried the next step (consider the cards on either side of the significator's location and the direction it's facing, and make a 3-card "story") but found it inconclusive and need more experience. Crowley said this is to "tell the querent why he has come," but I just see it as another way to examine the environment of the question.

Rev_Vesta

Thanx to everyone that replied.. all very interesting .....

I have worked with Tarot and Oracle together also ....

eg... Tarot deck....choose 6 cards and lay them out in a chosen spread...
Then take an oracle deck choose 6 cards and lay them ontop of the Tarot cards and then read them togther.. can really offer further insight....

I am constantly experimenting in creating interesting combinations....that was why i was interested to see what other combinations others have tried.

Rev_Vesta

nami said:
I usually just stick with one, but I've tried a few combinations. I've done two tarot decks or two oracles at once and an oracle and tarot deck together. The readings were okay, but some deck combos worked better than others. Runes along side a tarot or oracle decks together have given mean some really good readings. When I need some deeper insight into a situation/questions, I sometimes use them together.

I'm interested to hear the other combinations people have tried. :)

I find the best combinations of Tarot and oracle together, are of the similar theme eg both decks are Native American or both decks are Celtic.....

Doreen Virtue's decks work well together (up to 3)....

Rev_Vesta

lilangel09 said:
I have read with 2 decks at once. Never before. I personally like to keep it clean as possible by only using one deck at a time. I would equate what you did to "reading 3 cards" each group, which would be exhausting for me, but a nice experiment.

I find the different cards or when in a group of three tie in really nicely in making one quick statement....it does take practice.. but pick one important statement from each card then run it together really offers insight into the situiation for the querant....

Rev_Vesta

jaj said:
Well, this may or may not be what you're asking, but I'm in the middle of a perplexing situation at the moment. In the last 2 days, I've used Astrology, I Ching, and Tarot to ask about various aspects of the situation, but not all at the same time. I used Astrology to see the personality dynamics, I Ching for straight talk when I thought I might be fooling myself, and Tarot to see the subtleties and evaluate different behaviors. There is synergy in the advice. For example, both the I Ching and Tarot referenced the surprise of the situation. The I Ching came up with hexagram 51 for Shock, Tarot came up with the Tower.

Interesting combination....

I suppose that is similar to me asking the Tarot about a situation then asked the Crystal wisdom kit a different perspective on the same situation.. and then asking the Animal Spirit Stones .... interesting answers when looked from all three perspectives.....

Rev_Vesta

Barleywine said:
This is certainly a fertile area for deeper exploration. I have used crystals as an "adjunct" (I hesitate to call them "props" since they're much more than that) during the preliminary meditation but not as a source of divination. If I have reliable natal charts I will bring in astrological transits and secondary progressions, but this usually isn't the case with most querents (I don't have "clients" as such). The concept of "planetary hours" might also be useful if you have some flexibility as to when to start a reading. I've also experimented with geomancy (randomly drawn stones, not random marks in soil) for more mundane issues. I haven't picked up I Ching in a long time, but someone recently gave me a very nice set of "I Ching Cards" that I should really work with some (been using Chinese coins for casting the hexagrams). I guess it depends on how many balls you want (and are able) to put in the air.

One thing I have done for quite a while is use a preliminary spread that I got from Aleister Crowley, in which the significator is left in the deck, it is shuffled and cut into 4 packs (Fire, Water, Air Earth), right to left, and the significator is located, giving an advance look at the elemental field of inquiry (which may not be the one at the front of the querent's mind). I've tried the next step (consider the cards on either side of the significator's location and the direction it's facing, and make a 3-card "story") but found it inconclusive and need more experience. Crowley said this is to "tell the querent why he has come," but I just see it as another way to examine the environment of the question.

I-ching is a great way to add to a reading for a client... I do have I-ching cards but don't use them often......