So frustrated about bags...

jdev

Why are the available bags on the market I'm seeing so gorram big? Eight inches? Really? Are the creators size queens? My biggest deck is not even five inches by three and a half. where are all the properly sized four by six? And where are the bags that aren't drawstring? I'd love a bag that is a case. A soft case. You flip the flap over the top and button it shut. Can anyone help? Point me to a resource I've missed?

martykens

jdev said:
Why are the available bags on the market I'm seeing so gorram big? Eight inches? Really? Are the creators size queens? My biggest deck is not even five inches by three and a half. where are all the properly sized four by six? And where are the bags that aren't drawstring? I'd love a bag that is a case. A soft case. You flip the flap over the top and button it shut. Can anyone help? Point me to a resource I've missed?

Hi Jdev! Check out tarottotes.com they have padded cases that aren't monstrously big :)

jdev

Thanks for that - I did check them out and it's all silk. I'm vegetarian with a strong leaning toward veganism and don't purchase silk goods. And I don't like plain cotton. I'm ideally looking for cotton velvet with a man made satin lining! I couldn't find anything like that on that site.

I found some gorgeous cases on etsy but they're leather - again - the whole "some sentient being had to die to create this" prevents me from buying.

I could make these things myself if I only had a sewing machine...

martykens said:
Hi Jdev! Check out tarottotes.com they have padded cases that aren't monstrously big :)

Carla

Sulis makes bags and has a variety of materials. She will also custom make to your size specs. www.tarotsulis.co.uk

martykens

jdev said:
Thanks for that - I did check them out and it's all silk. I'm vegetarian with a strong leaning toward veganism and don't purchase silk goods. And I don't like plain cotton. I'm ideally looking for cotton velvet with a man made satin lining! I couldn't find anything like that on that site.

I found some gorgeous cases on etsy but they're leather - again - the whole "some sentient being had to die to create this" prevents me from buying.

bummer....sorry that wasn't helpful :( good luck with the search!

NikkiB

I get all my bags from sulis. And they are really lovely!!

jdev

They are indeed lovely and also with the weak American dollar and shipping from across the pond, out of my price range. :(

NikkiB said:
I get all my bags from sulis. And they are really lovely!!

Pen

Needle and thread is good for smallish things if you've a little time. I've just fallen in love with making bags out of pretty remnants (mostly rescued from discarded blouses etc that I loved but that were getting tatty) in my sewing cupboard. A bag makes a deck feel really special, 'specially if you add beads...

Pen

jackdaw*

jdev said:

They're not silk. That's one option, but the majority of them are cotton:

http://www.tarottotes.com/item.asp?iid=1581

shadowdancer

I have padded cases from tarottotes and none are silk. I think most of the designs are on cotton

Davina