Capricorn Full Moon

Minderwiz

Caapricorn Full Moon

Because Aeclectic was closed for maintenance yesterday I was unable to post this report. The Full Moon in Capricorn occurred at 20:22 BST on Sunday, 13th July. Capricorn is the sign of the Moon’s Detriment (opposite to the sign of its rulership) so it is in a weakened position. However Saturn who rules Capricorn is also in Cancer, (the sign of ITS Detriment) so these two were in mutual reception in the signs of their Detriments. There is not a lot of power coming out of this relationship but its at least something.

Again there is a strong Cancer element this month with Sun, Venus and Saturn all in Cancer.

Mercury has just moved into Leo, where it is alongside Jupiter. With five planets in adjacent signs, we might expect one or two conjunctions but the nearest is a 10 degree separation from Sun to Venus. Although there is a similar distance from Sun to Mercury that Conjunction is out of sign and traditionally would be treated as non-existent.

Of the remaining planets, Mars and Uranus are in Pisces and still in conjunction, though Uranus, is now retrograde so both planets are moving away from each other. Mars trines Venus – a favourable indicator for romance, and Uranus trines Saturn – which given Uranus’ quirky nature could indicate unexpected restrictions, oddballs in Authority – Bush and Blair are meeting shortly – or the rise of senile delinquents.

Neptune is in Aquarius sextile to Pluto in Sagittarius, ruled by Jupiter who trines it from Leo.

The Cancer emphasis for the month is reinforced by these rulerships – As well as directly ruling Sun, Venus and Saturn, The moon indirectly rules Jupiter and Mercury through the Sun, Mars, Uranus and Pluto through Jupiter, and Neptune through Saturn. Only its own mutual reception with Saturn prevents it ruling the entire lot. Providing the Moon and Saturn can hang in together there will be something of an orderly mover through the month – but if they fall out – then with both weak, expect little that is intended to be put into action.

If you have intentions for the month then make sure you plan well, to keep Saturn happy and listen to your intuition.

Minderwiz

My apologies for the lateness of this post but not only was Aeclectic closed on Sunday but when I tried to post it yesterday I kept getting a database error from the site. So two days late, here it is :)

Moongold

Dear Minderwiz,

I would have thought that the Saturn avatar would have helped you impose a bit more order on the world. See what happens if you seek favours from Saturn:joke: :D :)

I've got Saturn opposing my Ascendant (Capricorn) at the moment so that doen't theoretically sound the most positive but it actually is turning out to be a really significant time. I'm sure there are other aspects influencing things too

The Moon might lighten up grim old Capricorn don't you think? And I also know you are simply acknowledging Saturn.

DeLani

Hmmm...my sun and moon are in Cappy. I did a spell on the full moon for success, and now I wonder if it was well timed. I didn't realize all these negative or weakened aspects.

AquarianGoddess

Hi DeLani,

It sounds to me like it was a good time for a success ritual. Jupiter is probably transiting your 8th house of other people's money and depending on the degrees of your cusps, it may continue for a while. It's also a good time to promote yourself.

AG

Minderwiz

The Chart shows four quincunxes (150 degree aspects) sometimes referred to as inconjuncts. The are between:

Moon and Jupiter,

Sun and Pluto (though this is rather wide)

Uranus and Mercury

Neptune and Venus.

Quite a few modern astrologers link the qunicunx to a need to make adjustments so for example the Moon / Jupiter would indicate an instinct to plan and build for the long term which conflicts with a desire to do some luxury living for a bit.

There are also theories that Uranus is Mercury at a higher octave and that Neptune is Venus at a higher octave - so the adjustment here are spiritual ones.

I'm not really convinced of the 'higher octave' idea though it is something that I intend to explore. I'm also never sure that the qunicunx works because of the angle or separation or because of the nature of the signs. A Traditional Astrologer would not class the quincunx as an aspect. However they would treat a situation where two planets do not 'behold each other' (quincunx or semi-sextile) as being very worthy of consideration.

It's quite possible then to argue that this month adjustments may well have to be made, especially in issues ruled by the planets mentioned above.

Indeed the Uranus / Mercury inconjunct might indicate that there needs to be adjustments to the Aeclectic database so that I can safely post these words of wisdom :) :)