PDA

View Full Version : password will not save

Tansey Ella
16-06-2011, 03:52
I am in IE( and have been for a while, and usually this forum works very smoothly. However since the upgrade I am logged off every time I click off this site. I have to put name and password in every time. I do not see an offer to save the password from IE . All my other sites work fine so I am thinking it may be a bug . If you have a fix, please let me know. It is not the end of the world, but is annoying. Otherwise,it looks good.

AJ
16-06-2011, 04:04
Tansy, did you check the little box to the right of your password? I forgot to do that so had to resign in again.

added later, I've been gone and came back and my sign in didn't save. this is my laptop, will try the desktop at home.

Tansey Ella
16-06-2011, 08:48
maybe I held my mouth right but it is OK now. IE 9 has been a really thrilling upgrade .

Satori
16-06-2011, 22:51
This is still happening to me. I can't get my machine to stay logged in, and I haven't done a cookie cleaning or anything like that.

And Yes, I check the little box, and I have written my info in both the little box up top and the main box that opens on the main screen.

Is there some way to stay logged in?

Satori
17-06-2011, 11:38
This is still an issue for me.

I don't seem to be able to stay logged in.

Ideas?

lark
17-06-2011, 12:40
I'm having the same problem...and I've tried everything recommended above and nothing has helped.
Also everytime I go to a post it over shoots the post and instead of being on the last post it is on the writting at the bottom of the page.
So I have to scroll up to read the post.

Satori
17-06-2011, 13:10
Same here!
That is annoying isn't it?

I keep getting shot down to the menu on the bottom of the page.

I'm having the same problem...and I've tried everything recommended above and nothing has helped.
Also everytime I go to a post it over shoots the post and instead of being on the last post it is on the writting at the bottom of the page.
So I have to scroll up to read the post.

GryffinSong
17-06-2011, 13:14
The overshooting and having to scroll up to see the last post is a known problem that several folks have posted about. I believe they're working on it.

I run Internet Explorer on Windows Vista and I'm not having any problems staying logged in. Good luck with it - hope they figure it out soon!!!

Briar Rose
17-06-2011, 14:24
I am having the same problem. Ihave to type my name in, and my password everytime. I keyed in a check on the box- still I have to sign in.

It's a glitch. I am sure it will be cleared up in a matter of time.

Vesper
17-06-2011, 15:01
I have to log in every time when I'm at home, but not at work. My work has an older brouser. Don't know if the problem is related to that or not.

Pam O
17-06-2011, 15:38
I too am having to log in constantly. Like to post this reply, it just asked me to log in and I bet it asks me again when I click "submit reply". Same to check email, again to reply to the email, and yet again to send the email. So 3 times just to look at and reply to 1 email.
Hope the login bug gets fixed soon for everyone's sanity...

ETA: I'm using the Firefox browser right now. Haven't tried Microsoft since that is a slower browser with my satellite internet. I also had to log back in to edit this post and when I clicked on "New Posts".
Take care.

Solandia
17-06-2011, 15:59
The login problem doesn't seem to be a universal issue, so I suggest clearing cookies as the first thing to try...

http://www.tarotforum.net/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_usage#faq_vb3_cookies

~ Solandia

Briar Rose
18-06-2011, 10:44
I tired clearing my cookies, and restarting my computer. My password is still not saved. Can I try anything else, please?

Satori
18-06-2011, 11:07
Suddenly I'm logged in! yeah! Thanks Solandia!

gregory
18-06-2011, 20:51
Sometimes it helps to log in with AND without the www bit....

http://www.tarotforum.net/

and

http://tarotforum.net/

(Indeed I just tested and while I am HERE and posting, I am NOT logged on for the second link I posted !)

lark
18-06-2011, 23:36
just had to log in to post in this thread...
anyhoo...now when I get an email notification that a thread I'm watching has a post in it if I go to the post from the email instead of landing on the last post on the last page I end up on the top of the page before it ????

gregory
18-06-2011, 23:49
just had to log in to post in this thread...
anyhoo...now when I get an email notification that a thread I'm watching has a post in it if I go to the post from the email instead of landing on the last post on the last page I end up on the top of the page before it ????

Don't you end up at the last UNREAD post, which could be....

Aerin
18-06-2011, 23:58
I deliberately log out and in again anyway, but something I have noticed is that if I get impatient and click the "if your browser doesn't redirect you" bit then it refuses to believe that I have logged in.

I nearly panicked yesterday when I kept being returned to login again. I just need to *wait*.

Once I am logged in though, it's fine and keeps me that way until I've ended the session.

ps I have IE9, and if you have in-private browsing switched on it does keep wiping cookies and so-on

silverwings94
19-06-2011, 00:21
I too have had to log in everytime I want to go to the forum. I have hit the save button and yet when I leave the site I too have to log into the site all over again. Any idea what's causing this to happen. I just got my lapto yesterday so its free of cookies and other things so I don'r think thats the problem here. My browser is Internet Explorer.
Kat

gregory
19-06-2011, 00:26
I too have had to log in everytime I want to go to the forum. I have hit the save button and yet when I leave the site I too have to log into the site all over again. Any idea what's causing this to happen. I just got my lapto yesterday so its free of cookies and other things so I don'r think thats the problem here. My browser is Internet Explorer.
Kat

AS I said above:

and

silverwings94
19-06-2011, 00:51
Hi Gregory,
Thanks I'll try it. AS I said above:

and

Solandia
20-06-2011, 10:50
If you're using Internet Explorer, have deleted your cookies and are still having login issues, please try adding www.tarotforum.net and tarotforum.net to IE's list of Trusted Sites. You can find the list in IE's Internet Options under the Security tab.

~ Solandia

Briar Rose
20-06-2011, 13:43
I followed the directions, and I still my password is not saved.
Also, when I click on the link, Solandia provided, that opened to the forum without my having to sign on. However, when I closed it, and re-tired to open the forum, I had to re-enter my password.

My password still does not save.

What else can I try, please?

Lillie
20-06-2011, 14:25
This isn't the same thing, but some time ago I couldn't log out.
As I was using a shared computer I didn't like this.

I was told to try changing my password.
Someone said it was probably a rotten cookie of some kind and a new password would force it to make nice fresh cookies.

I did that and it worked. Maybe you could try that.

Emily
20-06-2011, 17:06
I followed the directions, and I still my password is not saved.
Also, when I click on the link, Solandia provided, that opened to the forum without my having to sign on. However, when I closed it, and re-tired to open the forum, I had to re-enter my password.

My password still does not save.

What else can I try, please?

Have you cleared all of your cookies including the ones that keep your passwords? And your temporary internet pages. Other than that try changing your password and delete the link that you are using to get here and make a fresh link. I had problems the first few times I signed in so ended up doing all of the above and now it saves my password, I'm using IE9.

Briar Rose
21-06-2011, 07:59
Lillie and Emily, Thank you so much for suggesting that. I changed my password and delected where I have AT saved, deleted all the cookies and saved passwords, and it now works.

Hopefully everything on AT will work for me too.

Good luck to everyone still trying.

Tansey Ella
21-06-2011, 12:45
I had recently updated to IE9 . If you are using it maybe a check on the Internet options tab. When you arrive there look on deleting browsing history and unchecked clearing cookies and forum passwords and forum data. I did all that and it solved my problem.I think when I updated it changed settings.
Worth a look at your settings.

Briar Rose
21-06-2011, 14:04
Everything is fine now. Thanks to everyone's help. Solandia was promp getting back to everyone. That was nice to see.

greycats
30-06-2011, 07:23
I have to log in even when I jump from one forum to another. So far today I've logged in five times.

Emily
01-07-2011, 01:51
I have to log in even when I jump from one forum to another. So far today I've logged in five times.

What browser are you using? Also have you tried all the possible solutions mentioned above. If has only just started, try restarting you PC, it might just be a gremlin.