tarot to communicate with the dead?

poopsie

Hi folks, I have a friend whoever spouse recently died. She asked me if it was possible for her to find out if her husband had something to tell her through the tarot... I known there are other tools for this type of stuff ... I don't know if this is possible with the tarot. Would anyone of you know if this has been done? Is there a spread for this?

Gia

I communication through my mediumship skills and have used the cards to assist when asked by the client...no particular spread...I just ask my spirit guides and theirs to assist in bringing the soul in question to us...

amethyst57

look for a konxari deck....there are a lot of stuff about them on here....

celticnoodle

yes, you can use any tarot deck to get messages from spirit, and there are specific decks also designed for this sort of reading. The Konxari deck is one such deck as Rockersgurl mentioned, but you can also use any tarot deck.

The best avenue for someone who is unsure how to go about doing this would perhaps be to find a spread (see the list here on AT) that was designed for this very purpose.

I've used tarot for this in the past and have had great results. good luck!

Glass Owl

I agree with celticnoodle, you can use just about any deck that you feel comfortable with.

I compiled a huge index of spread and thread links about this topic and you can view it here.

nisaba

I don't know if this is possible with the tarot.
I believe it is.

Is there a spread for this?
Work out how you want to approach the deceased, draw a card for how they feel about making contact (pack up your cards and back away carefully if it is negative), then have a position for each piece of information you feel you need. Then thank them, and ask them to be on their way. You don't want to draw their attention back to this world for too long, when they should be moving on to the next.

Miss Divine

You don't want to draw their attention back to this world for too long, when they should be moving on to the next.

So true! Often times when someone has recently passed, the deceased is not ready for contact. It takes time for them to adjust just like it is for us to new situations and surroundings. Especially if someone dies unexpectedly. Our sadness holds them back too.

amethyst57

quite a interesting list, glass owl...gonna check them out soon....

MissJo

I live in a haunted house and I've used my deck to get some more information of my "resident closet ghost." I've also done readings that have gotten me in contact with my pet rat who had died.

I personally wouldn't make a habit out of it though... I mean, how safe is Tarot for contacting the dead? This can be dangerous, and doing it (not through Tarot) has gotten me in contact with the wrong ghost which ended up attacking me. Spirit guides and those who are close and have passed are one thing, you don't always know what you're dealing with though. I'm sure Tarot is one of the safer tools but... well, better to be safe than sorry.

I know my paranormal-related readings are few and far between.

SunChariot

Hi folks, I have a friend whoever spouse recently died. She asked me if it was possible for her to find out if her husband had something to tell her through the tarot... I known there are other tools for this type of stuff ... I don't know if this is possible with the tarot. Would anyone of you know if this has been done? Is there a spread for this?

Absolultey possible. The answers in Tarot will come from the source we ask them to come from. EG usually, for me, I ask for my angels (or those of the querent) to send me the answers to the question. But you can just as easily ask for them to come from the deceased person themselves or in other words address the question to them. EG Keep them in mind and their name and ASK them for the answers, ask them what they want to tell their loved one. Just like if two people (Bob and Carol) were sitting in the room with you, you could just as easily address the question to whichever one you choose.

You can just ask the question: "Bob, (replace with the name of the deceased) what would you most like to tell Sarah (replace with the name of the querent) right now? Or a similar question.

I don't usually use spreads anyway and I wouldnt suggest one her personally, just a direct coversation. A spread forces the cards to answer in a certain way. To me this ought to be a conversation, where he/she can just freely tell you what they want to. Pull as many cards as you feel necessary. If something comes up you want clarification on you can ask more questions and pull more cards.

Any deck you feel bonded with and that calls to you for that reading ought to work well.

I did do it once for a coworkers whose best friend whom he'd know since forever had just passed on. I heard it felt very accurate to him and was very comforting.

Babs