PDA

View Full Version : Has the 'top' button gone?

Starshower
16-06-2011, 06:17
Hello. Has the 'back to top' button at the bottom of pages vanished, so we now have to scroll the sidebar back up? Or is it hiding in (this techno-dummy's) plain sight?

Chiska
16-06-2011, 08:11
That is the one thing that I am really missing from the upgrade. First thing I noticed was the "top" button was gone.

Oink
16-06-2011, 08:15
I never noticed the "Top" button on the forum, but does the "Home" key on your keyboard do the same thing?

Chiska
16-06-2011, 08:16
I never noticed the "Top" button on the forum, but does the "Home" key on your keyboard do the same thing?

DUH!! Thanks, Oink! LOL

But then again....when you are "mousing" around, having to have to disengage the mouse and move hand over 5" to hit "HOME" seems like so much work. :D

(I am naturally lazy)

Starshower
16-06-2011, 09:19
Thank you, Oink!
It took me 10 min to find a 'home' key, but I finally did! YES, it works! :)

Now - will you teach me how to boil the kettle?! :grin:

Oink
16-06-2011, 10:15
Hooray! Glad to be of assistance.
Now - will you teach me how to boil the kettle?! :grin:
Sure: plug kettle into wall, flip switch! At least that's what those of us who like tea but are way better with electronics than kitchens do. :P My limit used to be removing the wine from the refrigerator, but heating things is an progress, right? RIGHT?! :D Thank heavens the trade train gave me a bunch of helpful suggestions on making beautiful omelets today; apparently that was way more complicated than I had previously imagined, which explains my omelets...

Solandia
16-06-2011, 11:32
The Top button had disappeared with the upgrade. I've replaced it now; there are 'Top' links at the bottom right of every post, and a 'Back to Top' link under the Previous Thread / Next Thread links at the bottom of the page.

Starshower
16-06-2011, 11:34
Goodness - THANK YOU, Solandia! :-)

Chiska
16-06-2011, 11:35
Thank you, Solandia!

LoL - it is funny that it would be the most minor thing that I would miss the most! Of course, Oink pointed out a perfectly acceptable alternative, but I do love the "top" button!

Stormdancer
16-06-2011, 11:40
ROTFLAMO....Did that just appear? Or am I losing more marbles as I type?

(((:heart:solandia:heart:)))

GreenMoonBeam
16-06-2011, 17:30
Yeah for Solandia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the time I've tried to recall the clue to do it with Home Key,'Top' is back. :love:

Thanks to those who asked as well and answered and Hello Top!!!xxx

psst,,nice new layout innit })

psssst: Still looking for da home key :(

Chiska
16-06-2011, 17:36
psssst: Still looking for da home key :(

I know - the darned thing is in different places depending on your keyboard layout. Just when I figure out where it is on my HP laptop, I am using my Mac, and can't find it anywhere! At work, it is somewhere else again!

I'm glad the TOP button is back - I am lazy and it is easy. :)

GreenMoonBeam
16-06-2011, 17:42
I know - the darned thing is in different places depending on your keyboard layout. Just when I figure out where it is on my HP laptop, I am using my Mac, and can't find it anywhere! At work, it is somewhere else again!

I'm glad the TOP button is back - I am lazy and it is easy. :)

Have we a faint smiley or palm-slap smiley. Doh?

Does anyone think it strange a HOME key be named HOME key?
Um, being looking quite incorrectly. :!: