PDA

View Full Version : Post Edit History

Satori
16-06-2011, 14:33
I'm a little concerned, but not overly tweaked.

I see the nifty new features on the forum and I think this is great stuff Solandia. But the Post edit history is a little odd.

What if we don't want people to see the older versions. EDits happen for a reason. Sometimes we rethink the nasty thing we just wrote, or we didn't mean to be nasty...so we edit.

Is it necessary for people to be able to see the whole editing hx?

And I say that knowing that this may be a device that could help some of us make better posts out of the box....but....sometimes you just want the edited content to stay gone.

Thanks,
S.

Laura Borealis
16-06-2011, 14:41
:bugeyed: Where is the Edit History link?
I don't like that idea, either.
More because I just write stupid stuff sometimes, and then edit it to sound smarter. :P

tarotlyn
16-06-2011, 15:24
yes...I would like to know where that 'edit history' feature is also??? :bugeyed:
I only see an edit button...no history...

:bugeyed: Where is the Edit History link?
I don't like that idea, either.
More because I just write stupid stuff sometimes, and then edit it to sound smarter. :P

and Laura_borealis...that made me laugh :laugh:

:heart:HUGS
tarotlyn

Solandia
16-06-2011, 18:14
The Post Edit History was a new feature of the software that was automatically enabled - I've now turned it off.

Satori
16-06-2011, 22:49
Thanks Solandia.

Funny, I made it sound in my post like the only time you'd need to edit is if you were "nasty". One would think I write nasty posts all the time, only to edit them later. Yikes!

gregory
16-06-2011, 23:00
I liked that I could see MY original posts when editing... :( I didn't think you could see those of other people. If I'm right, can we have it back please ??? :)

Fire Cat
16-06-2011, 23:10
I kinda like it too. I checked it out and saw that it was only available to each member and not to everyone else.

I think the problem is that the old edits were visible to moderators, not just individual members.

gregory
16-06-2011, 23:15
I kinda like it too. I checked it out and saw that it was only available to each member and not to everyone else.

I think the problem is that the old edits were visible to moderators, not just individual members.

Satori isn't a mod....

Satori
16-06-2011, 23:21
Yes if Gregory is correct in thinking the edit hx is visible to us only then that sounds good.

gregory
16-06-2011, 23:26
gregory can even live with the mods seeing it. gregory may be in a minority here...

GryffinSong
16-06-2011, 23:28
I clicked on one of my edits (two spelling errors, right after each other) but all I saw was the date and time of the edits. Are you saying that you were seeing the actual text of each edit?

Fire Cat
16-06-2011, 23:30
Satori isn't a mod....

I know that. At least she isn't now now :D

Yes if Gregory is correct in thinking the edit hx is visible to us only then that sounds good.

Yes only visible to each specific member (non-mods), no one else...

gregory can even live with the mods seeing it. gregory may be in a minority here...

No, I rather liked it, too.

Satori
16-06-2011, 23:34
Yes GS when you hit edit, if you had already edited the post you saw "the original post" and then you saw the edited posts.

Aerin
10-07-2011, 02:07
We used to have that, I found it useful.

But we could only ever see our own stuff (moderators excepted).