Cards Messing With Your Head?

Jade4813

Do you ever feel like sometimes the cards mess with your head, just because they can? I ask because I've been really preoccupied with romance lately. But when I do readings on the subject, I most often come up with pentacles cards. Ten of Pentacles, Nine of Pentacles, etc. So tonight, my mom had a rather nasty blow financially and finally agreed to let me do a reading for her on the subject. Just a general, "Will I be okay financially" sort of thing. So I shuffled the cards, drew three, and... King of Cups, Queen of Cups, Three of Cups.

Now I know those do have financial implications, or at least ways you can read them in terms of finances. But I just have to laugh because I'd probably be over the MOON if I got those cards for myself in a romantic spread.

I actually looked at the cards and muttered, "You hate me, don't you?"

Anyway, just wondered if anyone else had funny stories like that, where you feel like maybe the cards are on some level giving you a raspberry. ;)

nisaba

Do you ever feel like sometimes the cards mess with your head, just because they can? I ask because I've been really preoccupied with romance lately. But when I do readings on the subject, I most often come up with pentacles cards. Ten of Pentacles, Nine of Pentacles, etc.
I don't see a problem with that, depending on what you were actually *asking* about romance. For instance, the Ten Pentacles might reply to a question about the kind of persom you're best suited to, as someone who has all the material stuff, the house and cars and bank account, who then won't be financially stressed and taking those stresses into a relatonship. Or about timing a pass at a known person, it might indicate leaping on them only after that promotion, or even after they run for political office (really look at that card in the RW deck!). The Nine Pentacles might indicate that you're best served in your relationship by maintaining separate households and avoiding some of the strains of sharing space, or perhaps only ever going out with people who have their own incomes and won't be a drain on yours, amongst a slew of other possibilities depending on your situation and question. And thinking of other Pentacle cards, I see no difficulties in relating them to romance at all.

So tonight, my mom had a rather nasty blow financially and finally agreed to let me do a reading for her on the subject. Just a general, "Will I be okay financially" sort of thing. So I shuffled the cards, drew three, and... King of Cups, Queen of Cups, Three of Cups.
The question was "will I be okay".

The answer was King Cups - Queen Cups - Three Cups. To me that says that yes, she'll be okay if she learns to master her emotions (the King), live true to her own heart (the Queen) and rely on the soothing effects of her friends. She needs to really be open with them and open-hearted. She'll be okay, perhaps better than okay. Finances won't destroy her as long as she is true to her heart.

You didn't actually ask about her financial situation as such, just if she'd be okay with it. And she will.

I actually looked at the cards and muttered, "You hate me, don't you?"
I don't see why. The Pentacles seemed to be giving you good advice, and the Cups seemed to be reassuring your mother, which is what she needs right now.

Jade4813

Oh, I think it's just funny because I'm a newbie when it comes to reading cards. So I'll ask about romance coming my way and get cards of other suits. Yes, my mom's reading with the cups did show a favorable outlook for her...but I am still in the position where I generally look to pentacles for finances, cups for romance/emotions, etc.

I just thought it was an amusing spread to get for my mom, when it's the exact sort of three-card combination I'd have loved to get for myself. Whereas I've drawn some cards for my readings that I'm sure would have been more comforting for her to see last night. Just find it kind of funny, is all.

Amary

The nine and ten of pentacles are great romance cards! I personally would MUCH rather have a ten of Pents relationship than a ten of cups.

That said, I have found that my decks tend to have a very sarcastic sense of humor. I once asked the Motherpeace during a new deck interview what its most important attribute was, and it gave me the Wheel.

Yep. The most important thing to note about the Motherpeace? It's round.

Nevada

Sometimes I think so, but it usually turns out they were trying to tell me something I didn't understand. Like, when I ask about finances, I get, "You have more money than you think you do." Me: "I do? How do you figure?" Silence. I figure the cards are just messing with me. I know I'm broke. Why are they being so mean, rubbing my face in it?

Days later I notice the bank says I have more money than I thought I did. I go over my check register, and find that I made an error 2 months ago. I entered three checks I wrote twice. (Nothing like making sure I write them down - obsessive much?) I had about $200 more in there than I thought!

MissJo

I haven't necessarily noticed my decks doing it, but I suppose they could do it on the surface if you let them. But the messages they give you would still be important, whether it's in an odd suit or not.

I will say this though... they have told me I need to stop arguing 'cause I was irritating them, and another time they told me I needed to go to bed... I laugh at those random answers XD