Medicine Cards by Jamie Sams -- a barrage of questions

Kyrielle

Anyone who has these, would you recommend them? What is the difference between the "old set" and the "new set?" What is the difference between these and the Sacred Path Cards? Medicine Cards, Sacred Path Cards, or both? Anything else I should know?

-- Kyrielle

lunalafey

Kyrielle said:
would you recommend them?
What is the difference between the "old set" and the "new set?" What is the difference between these and the Sacred Path Cards?
recommend, if you have a strong connection with animals, YES
the old set only has 44 cards new has 52. added are blue heron, raccoon, prairie dog, wild boar, salmon, alligator, jaguar, & black panther.
I can't compare to sacred path, but Med cards are the Native American equivelent to the Celtic Animal Oracle{I think that's the right name}.
These cards work on the native american legends & beliefs of animal medicine. Like the eagle is spirit, horse is power, etc.

Maan

Woh what do i hear know....do the medicine cards have gotten more cards!!!! En do they have a BLACK PANTHER!!!!!

( Maan is running around ..... going to order the new set...i must have them!!!!! )

HOLMES

ah

having both the differnces of the medicine cards and the sacred path cards is this :O)

the medicine cards focus on the teachings specifically of the animal totems, and how to work with them.
(there is also the druid animal oracle,and the celtic totem animal that also deals with animals, as for the latter it also comes with a 70 minute cd on drumming and small cards as it is focused more on shamanic interaction.)

the sacred path cards which were made after the medicine cards were made focus on the teachings of the way of life, stuff like the pipe, and other sacred aspects of the native tradition are dealt with( the sweat lodges cards deals with the same things as it pertains to the generalities of the native american (( and canadian)) spiritual traditions )