PDA

View Full Version : New forum version, no edit of old posts?

SloughSister
27-06-2011, 12:30
I had been updating my What's on Your Wishlist post from time to time, as I learn more, by editing it. Now I could quote it but I no longer see an edit box. Can one no longer edit older posts? Say, pre-new-version?

cardlady22
28-06-2011, 00:24
I just edited mine (post 35) in the Wishlist thread. Must be a glitch?
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=2591369

SloughSister
01-07-2011, 07:56
Well, the bottom cue allows me to quote, but there is still no little box for "edit" that I can see. Am I blind? Did it go somewhere that I am simply not noticing? I am confused.

Debra
01-07-2011, 08:12
Mine is just to the left of the little quote image thingy on the lower right within the purple text box. When I copied and pasted, this is what came up (instead of the icons)

Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

zannamarie
01-07-2011, 08:22
I've been able to edit old posts as well. The Edit option is just to the left of the Quote option (which is just to the left of the multi-quote speaking head option).

Only you (and Moderators and Solandia) have the ability to edit your posts so no one else would be able to see if the edit button is there or not. I'd say to ask the moderator of the forum in which that thread resides to see if he/she can see an edit button for it since Solandia is currently on holiday for a month.

SloughSister
01-07-2011, 08:55
Y'all are marvelous, magical and mystical! I SWEAR it has not been there the last 6 days, nor earlier today, and yet, just now, there it was - I got to update my list based on last w/e's meetup. Yay! Thank you so much for your help. I know you did it. I just don't know how. :grin: :P

zannamarie
01-07-2011, 09:20
Y'all are marvelous, magical and mystical! I SWEAR it has not been there the last 6 days, nor earlier today, and yet, just now, there it was - I got to update my list based on last w/e's meetup. Yay! Thank you so much for your help. I know you did it. I just don't know how. :grin: :PIt's purple pages magic. :P

Debra
01-07-2011, 11:01
The bill is in the mail.

tarotlyn
01-07-2011, 14:20
I had been updating my What's on Your Wishlist post from time to time, as I learn more, by editing it. Now I could quote it but I no longer see an edit box. Can one no longer edit older posts? Say, pre-new-version?

LOL...I think SloughSister was talking about HER 'wish list' ...
...in her profile...not the 'wish list' THREAD...:laugh:

...could be me though :bugeyed:

:heart: HUGS
tarotlyn

SloughSister
01-07-2011, 20:59
Yes, there had been no EDIT button for me to use to edit my post of my wishlist and then suddenly, voici, there was one! It *is* purple pages magic and the bill can be paid by moi with not-very-knowledgeable readings. :cool5: