Frequent readers: what questions do you ask / hear besides romance & career?

SloughSister

When people talk about reading for themselves, I'm often mentally limited, for myself, in simply imagining the question "what do I need to know right now?" That's what I have found useful so far. I don't tend to have many mysteries in my day-to-day life. I did read for myself re: a trip I was going on, because I wanted useful information and insight there. What other questions do people ask the cards on their own behalf?

And, for those of you who read for others, it seems that in forum discussions, you far and away hear more questions about romance than any others, followed closely by questions about career - what other questions do you consistently hear?

I'm just curious.

Manda

Yep, love and money is what most people want to know about. For myself, I tend to be like you- what do I need to know right now? What is my advice in "x" situation? Show me some feelings I may not be realizing I have. Those kinds of things.

lilangel09

I don't really read all that much for myself nowadays. Only for when I'm dealing with a situation or curious. I am glad when I don't have to read for myself because it means I don't have anything bugging me at the time. :D

You could ask, "What should I ask about now?" and see if the card reminds you of something you might want to know about. I often forget things and can't remember what it was exactly, so I ask, "What did I forget about?" or "Show me card that will help me remember."

I also read for advice about anything that I have been stumped on -- try to get some ideas going. For example, I will read on how to improve some aspect or how to go about doing something.

I just follow my curiosity, mundane or whatever. Have read on gambling, trips, school, etc. -- note sometimes you get answers you weren't expecting and wish you hadn't asked, lol. I also stopped doing third party readings for myself a year or so ago, so I don't do those.

And, for those of you who read for others, it seems that in forum discussions, you far and away hear more questions about romance than any others, followed closely by questions about career - what other questions do you consistently hear?

Situations between at least two people and advice about it. Family, friendship, etc. After romance and career or money, it's communication, general readings, what the universe has to say, or spiritual matters.

Oink

What other questions do people ask the cards on their own behalf?
  • I like to ask for guidance on specific self-improvement goals.
  • My day-to-day isn't particularly mysterious either, but still no day is the same as the next. I ask about particular situations that are coming up: things to be alert for in a meeting, what type of energy to bring to a conversation with someone, what aspect might I be neglecting to consider in a decision, etc.
  • When other people in my life are going through hardship, I ask how I can support them.
  • When I have really weird dreams, I tremendously enjoy asking the cards, "so what was I supposed to get out of THAT?!" :)

jaj

I use this spread probably 1-3 times a week. It's called "Too Many Choices" by rwcarter. I use it for purchase decisions (especially books on Amazon), for deciding what size clothing to order online, for evaluating my possible behaviors towards people, for evaluating what might help my stomach feel better... the possibilities are endless. Really.
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=103553&highlight=choices

If I feel the need for a daily draw, it is usually a 3-card: Energy of the Day, Challenge of the Day, Gift of the Day.

Less often, maybe once a month or so, I'll find or create a spread for a specific issue, but that's about it.

MareSaturni

Well, I only use the cards for myself when I actually have a question to ask. If I do not, then I have no reason to do a reading. And I think that having a question is really important for the whole process, so I avoid reading about nothing just for the sake of it.

That said, I have been doing 1-cards weekly readings using an oracle deck (not tarot), with interesting results. But the whole point of these readings is helping em to overcome certain difficulties in my life and in myself, so what they actually give me is food for thought and indeas on how to improve my attitude towards life.... In this case, the question usually is 'what is my message for the next week?'. Then I read the card, meditate about it and try to put it's suggestions to action to the best of my ability. :)

I'll read for myself over any topic, as long as I have an actual question, something I really want to know about. If I find that I'm not having enough clarity to understand the answer, then I'll look for another reader. Reading for ourselves is tricky.

celticnoodle

I also rarely read for myself, but when I do, it is usually worded as what I need to know now, or about my spiritual path. Now and again, I will do a reading if there is an issue pressing, generally to do with my health or a trip that is coming up, as we do travel a lot. Also sometimes on home issues.

Amanda

I read on work and self-improvement a lot. In regards to others, if they aren't asking about romance or work, they are wanting to know what's coming up in general or in those two areas (essentially, a prediction).

KMilliron

I ask for advice. A lot of it for music-related endeavors. I don't know if that'd be considered career or not xD

The crowned one

When people talk about reading for themselves, I'm often mentally limited, for myself, in simply imagining the question "what do I need to know right now?" That's what I have found useful so far. I don't tend to have many mysteries in my day-to-day life. I did read for myself re: a trip I was going on, because I wanted useful information and insight there. What other questions do people ask the cards on their own behalf?

I'm just curious.

I do not often read for myself anymore, but when I do they are future based questions about problems I think I have solved, I usually ask "Given the choices I have made what paths will open" type of things, or Now that I have committed " what is the outcome looking like, or have I missed anything"

For others it is 90% future based, often relationships, work or family problems. Sometimes "why am I still in this situation"( love sex, abuse, bad job etc)
Now and then I get one asking if they will go on a trip or if someone will come see them from oversea's...ANd I also get a few on real-estate and business. That is the bulk beside he usual: open ended question "what does the future hold"