Turn Around Time for Readings By Email

epvitale

A question for those of you who do readings by email.What expectation do you set for your client concerning turn around time?

thanks in advance -

Gary

Priestess

It would depend on how busy you are, or if you have a waiting list. Some go with up to a week while others are 48hrs. As I say depends on what you want to do, and how busy you are I suspect!

I go with within 48hrs.

SunChariot

A question for those of you who do readings by email.What expectation do you set for your client concerning turn around time?

thanks in advance -

Gary

I presume you mean how long the client has to wait for the reading, not how long you wait for feedback or a response from them afterwards.

The longest I have personally waited for a reading was 3 months. If the reader is that good and if she is busy I will wait. It was a very special reading and one in which she psychically saw my angel and spirit guide, drew me their likenesses (which are now framed on my wall and always will be) and told me their names and gave me messages from them. I would have waiting even longer for that one as it is priceless to me.

But that is more the exception. As for me I generally do my readings within a three day period from the time we agree upon the question. I tend to go thruogh a process of perfecting the question with them before I start.

Babs

epvitale

Thank you for your responses. I was afraid to set the turn around time out to far and feel much better about a 48 to 72 hour window now.

Gary

SunChariot

What I traditionally do Gary and that works for me is to purposely overestimate. EG if I think I have have it completed in 1 day I tell them 2. If I think it will take 2 days I tell them 3. That way I leave myself an opening iin case I wake up the next day with a splitting headache and cannot get anything done.

To me sending the reading out late is unprofessional so that is how I avoid that problem. I purpusely overstimate and then I do the work as soon as I can. 9 times out of 10 the results in them getting the completed reading early and everyone is happy. But there is always that 1 time out of 10 where something goes wrong...could be your Internet is down for most of the day and you just can't send it....and that extra leeway means that you can still get it out the next day and not be late.

That's my advice that works well for me.

Babs

epvitale

What I traditionally do Gary and that works for me is to purposely overestimate. EG if I think I have have it completed in 1 day I tell them 2. If I think it will take 2 days I tell them 3. That way I leave myself an opening iin case I wake up the next day with a splitting headache and cannot get anything done.

Babs

That's a great idea Babs! Thanks!! It's known as The Scotty Rule to Star Trek Fans but for different reasons. You over estimate the time it will take you to complete the task so when you come in under time you seem like a miracle worker!!

I will definitely use your idea but not for Scotty reasons. There have been times I've woken up with a splitting headache and tried to read. Nada.

Thanks -

Gary

SunChariot

Loved that reference, and I am a big Star Trek fan!!! :grin:

I find it just helps keep things professional, Murphy's Law and all...

Babs

Carla

I have set a 'usual' turnaround time of 48 hours. But then, so far I've only had one client! :)

tarotcognito

I'm with Babs and the Scotty rule: I tell the client I will get back to them with their reading within 72 hours. Barring any exceptional, "for some reason, Scotty can't pull a spare warp core out of his hat this time" scenarios, I get the reading done and sent within 48 hours.

Pandora MoonRaven

I agree with all here..24-78 hours. There was a time when I had someone contact me for a reading and I KNEW I couldn't get to it until Monday...it was Thursday when she asked. I explained to her the situation, told her I would not be offended if she couldn't wait but she said she would wait and she did and loved the reading, she is still my best client today. :eek:) So I found that USUALLY people are pretty understanding. I have found rather than turning down a reading because of time restraints its best to give them a choice, bet they'll wait