An Ethical Dilemma - UK readers, please respond

Keigh

Edited to remove content. Question has been answered - thank you for all who responded I have passed on your wisdom.
:heart:
Keigh

Carla

Domestic violence is an issue for the local police; normally that would be your first point of call. As your friend doesn't know the location of the querent, that is a problem. I looked at the Directgov website for advice and found this:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/crimejusticeandthelaw/victimsofcrime/dg_4003136

There are links there to various organisations that might be able to provide advice for this situation.

Sulis

Sadly, I don't think there's anything she can do unless the woman gets in touch with her again.

PathWalker

Situation - if accurately reported, does sounds unpleassant. But I agree with Sulis - there is nothing she can do - except perhaps offer prayers - unless the lady gets back in touch.
Even then, all she can do is do the reading asked for - she is not the police, or immigration, or a refuge :(
PW

firecatpickles

Did you try Googling the email address? Sometimes you can get information from pages such as Linked In that will provide telephone numbers and/or first and last names.

GreenMoonBeam

The ethical dilemma is the reader sharing private info with you as opposed to the ADMIN of whatever company they do reading with: surely most companies have some guidelines for readers in such circumstances?

What if the whole matter is merely mischief and trouble making?

Well done for being a friend to this reader, but other parties should not give advice., imho.

GMB

Aerin

emailing a list of helplines along with the reading would seem the most sensible thing to do, like Carla's link.

Edited as opening post edited :)

Amanda

So let me get this straight. The reader asked the client a clarifying question, after receiving this question from the client for a reading?

If that's the case, your reader probably spooked the client away, because she probably doesn't want the kind of help she obviously needs, but rather an answer, and NOW.

I'd tell your reader to let it go, unless the woman gets back into contact. There's really nothing else she can do. In this state of panic, this client is probably going through all possible alternatives (other readers) to get an answer.