The ACTION card in an unknown deck

SloughSister

The woman who teaches a spiritual class I'm going to has a bowl of oracle cards near her desk. They're a mix of parts of several decks and she says she inherited them with the office and doesn't know a thing about them.

I am continuously drawn to the Action card - I know exactly why - and it is the only card in the bowl from its deck, if, in fact, it belongs to a deck. I wonder if any of you know which deck it is from. I'm sorry that I can't scan it so I will try to describe it well.

It is a moderately large card, maybe 4" x 6", with rounded corners. The front shows a color image; the back shows the same image in reverse in shadowy grey and white, with words superimposed.

The front of the card shows:
- a long flight of wide stairs made out of stone or concrete
- a beautiful, wrought-iron handrail on either side of the staircase
- the stairs winding first to the right, then to the left
- rocky mountainside on either side of the staircase in the foreground
- green, serene conifer forest on either side of the staircase in its latter half
- an olive green border at the top with the word "ACTION" in pretty font

The back of the card shows:
- the same image in reverse,
- fairly faint in a muted black and white, making it grey and white
- these words written in script (?) (calligraphy? now I can't remember)
- "Take action ~ the journey to find your lost self begins with one step."

Does anyone know what deck this card is from? If yes, do you have the deck and how do you feel about it? Thanks.

SloughSister

Dang-ola! AT'ers just amaze me. Yes, that's the right deck - and I would never have gone and checked out "Self Care Cards" based on the name, or thought this card belonged in that deck. I have to admit, self-care is something I've spent twenty years trying to get better at. Even if I am a tad bit embarrassed to like it so much, the art is gently pretty and the suggestions kind of do boil down to common sense. Thank you so much! :)

AJ

I don't remember if they were gifted to me or purchased in a lot buy, but I have her (Cheryl Richardson) Grace Cards. Most almost embarrass me in their sheer sappiness...yet I've had three cards from that box here on my desk for nearly a year. I just love the art so much. These are all by Christophe Vacher. There were three different artists involved in the Grace Cards.

So we never know what will touch us or even why...but the joy is in the journey.

Under the blue cover is my flotsom and jetsom oracle bits :) Courtesy of two AT members. This really is an amazing place

Attachments

• Grace Cards 001.JPG
    Grace Cards 001.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 93

SloughSister

Aw, it's a sweet photo and I understand why you keep the pictures up. Yup, an amazing set of folks. :)