All cards in spread with the same number?

kd87

I've come to realize that spreads that only contain cards from the same suit just reinforce the nature of the situation (I had one spread with all cups and it turned out very emotional!).

What are your thoughts on a spread that contains cards from the same number?

About 3 or 4 days ago, I drew three cards that were all "Threes of..." and I am still thinking about how hard hitting it was. I definitely understood what the deck was telling me about where the relationship could be headed. :(

Have you had a spread before with the same number on every card? I am really curious!

Aset

Have you had a spread before with the same number on every card? I am really curious!

It happens quite often, and has been happening to me lately. Not only will I get the same number of different suits, but corresponding cards from the major arcana (for example, six of cups, lovers, devil). I still don't quite understand what to make of it when this happens, I need to brush up on numerology I suppose. I wish there was a good resource somewhere that just laid out what all the numbers mean in and of themselves, beyond the "1 is the source, 2 is a line...(etc.)".

Torkie

It happens quite often, and has been happening to me lately. Not only will I get the same number of different suits, but corresponding cards from the major arcana (for example, six of cups, lovers, devil). I still don't quite understand what to make of it when this happens, I need to brush up on numerology I suppose. I wish there was a good resource somewhere that just laid out what all the numbers mean in and of themselves, beyond the "1 is the source, 2 is a line...(etc.)".

I was actually of the opinion that "1 is the source" *is* the meaning of 1, in and of itself. I'm not a big fan of numerology and don't really utilize it, though.

I don't use 3/4 card spreads, so getting a spread full of numbers doesn't happen often for me. I usually only comment if I do get 3 or 4 of a number, or if I get like 3 pairs of numbers (You got two 10s, two 8s, and two 5s in this spread).

I think this kind of synchronicity does have a special importance, especially if the associated trump card shows up as well.

caridwen

Yes I do sometimes get spreads with many of the same number. I normally look up the number to find out what it means and do take note of that number in up coming spreads to see if it is gaining or fading in resonance.:)

Lupino

Had all four 7's in a 6-card reading about a week ago, it scared me a little, and I payed attention, but never really got the AHA moment about it. Considered posting the spread in your readings, because I thought it might have some general or educational value to investigate further.

Barleywine

This site has a list of brief Golden-Dawn-based interpretations for three or four court cards or numbered cards in combination.

http://taroteon.com/how-to/a-guide-to-tarot-card-combinations/

I found a better one but forgot to bookmark it and can't locate it again. This is just a place to start; the "occult theory of numbers" (beyond the usual "point-line-triangle" numerological correspondences mentioned above) is another way to go. Pythagoras and Iambilichus are two ancient sources I can think of, but I know there are more modern texts that I also can't find in my library <shrugs>. If you locate any, let us know :).

Cerulean

Here's Waite's summary of playing card occurrances

http://www.sacred-texts.com/tarot/pkt/pkt0305.htm

Four Kings mean great honor, etc...I think I have seen this in cartomancy or playing card period lists in other sources too.

It may be of interest.

Cerulean