Crystals for learning foreign languages

Labhraín

What crystals are beneficial for learning foreign languages? One of my crystal books says that blue chalcedony is good; the other says dumortierite. What do you think of these two and can anyone suggest other crystals that would be helpful in this regard?

NorthernTigress

I'm not sure about learning a new language, but I know that Sodalite is often called "the writer's stone". Being a blue stone, it is good for communication; it also helps you to think more clearly.

Hemera

Apart from just plain hard work you mean? }) :p

I´d probably use a crystal from that particular country. I find that a language is often tied to the whole culture and country and so I´d choose a stone that would be a symbol of that culture for me.

There are many choices for some countries and very few for others obviously. Like, learning hindi -well, India would have quite a few crystals to choose from :) But I think one could also go by feel and intuition?

For example, learning Finnish, I´d pick granite (our National stone) or Spectrolite (it´s our Labradorite, mined here) or maybe topaz (also mined here). But I could also pick the blue lace agate which looks like ice and snow. Or moss agate for the old growth forests here.

I think the possibilities are endless.

Labhraín

Apart from just plain hard work you mean? }) :p

I´d probably use a crystal from that particular country. I find that a language is often tied to the whole culture and country and so I´d choose a stone that would be a symbol of that culture for me.

There are many choices for some countries and very few for others obviously. Like, learning hindi -well, India would have quite a few crystals to choose from :) But I think one could also go by feel and intuition?

For example, learning Finnish, I´d pick granite (our National stone) or Spectrolite (it´s our Labradorite, mined here) or maybe topaz (also mined here). But I could also pick the blue lace agate which looks like ice and snow. Or moss agate for the old growth forests here.

I think the possibilities are endless.

That's interesting that you mentioned Hindi because that is one of the languages I am studying. I have been learning languages for many years and yes, I absolutely agree it's hard work. :) I will look more into Sodalite. I was not aware of it's role as the "writer's stone." That's an interesting idea to use a stone from that country. I'll check it out. Thank you!

Labhraín

Aquamarine?

What about aquamarine? I just bought an aquamarine ring and I wonder if this stone would be good for helping to improve language skills.

NorthernTigress

What about aquamarine? I just bought an aquamarine ring and I wonder if this stone would be good for helping to improve language skills.

According to the research I did, aquamarine "enhances rapid thinking and learning". As another Throat Chakra stone, it would be good for communication.

Labhraín

I was just re-reading this thread again and going over all of the responses, researching stones, etc., and it seems that, it's all about throat chakra stones that have an effect on the mind and learning new information: Chalcedony, dumortierite, aquamarine, sodalite, fluorite, etc.