Do crystals have to touch your skin?

Labhraín

Do you think that crystals or any stone for that matter, have to touch your skin to be effective?

thinbuddha

short answer

uh, no

GreenMoonBeam

Not at all.

(Bit longer than ThinBuddha's reply.)

My feelings is that if 'we' are within their aura, there is benefit.

NB, completely my own thoughts and I cite no words by people far more knowledgable.

As I type, I have a largish Citrine crystal near me, and my wallet. Money-wise I have had financial improvements since bringing this crystal to my home. I got the crystal for those properties.... I feel it is happening.

It's how you or I perceive the crystal, and its usage, that matters, imho. :heart:

Blessings

GMB

nisaba

Oh, good - I have inserted a citrine (a natural one, not a baked amethyst) in the top of my black boy staff, still under construction. Although not complete, it has been through two rituals already, and feels wonderful!

Labhraín

Not at all.

(Bit longer than ThinBuddha's reply.)

My feelings is that if 'we' are within their aura, there is benefit.

NB, completely my own thoughts and I cite no words by people far more knowledgable.

As I type, I have a largish Citrine crystal near me, and my wallet. Money-wise I have had financial improvements since bringing this crystal to my home. I got the crystal for those properties.... I feel it is happening.

It's how you or I perceive the crystal, and its usage, that matters, imho. :heart:

Blessings

GMB

Thanks GreenMoonBeam - and ThinBuddha! I was thinking the same thing, but I wanted to see what the consensus was. I read opinions on both sides, and of course, vedic gemology always says that gems must touch the skin to be effective. However, I came across an interesting web site that said, yes, gems are most effective when they are touching the skin, but they certainly can be effective just by being within the aura of the person: http://shrifreedom.org/astro-gemology.htm

MCsea

Agreed - I often put a crystal next to a glass of water - then drink the water...
in an experiement try it when you next have guests, I had rose quartz near a bottle of water (NOT IN THE BOTTLE) everyone thought the water had flavouring in it - one lemon, one blue berry, one orange - it was rose quartz energised :)