gonna work through my collection - join me?

NikkiB

I looked at all my cards and thought how many of them i have never even read with and the ones i do read with I dont get to know well because i flit from deck to deck!

SO I thought I would start a new thing of using 1 deck a week exclusively to get to know it better and to see if it really needs to be with me or if we would prefer it to go to someone else ..

For this i am going to take them off the shelf in the order they are on it (which is no particular order)

I will probably have one tarot and one oracle so i can play in all the forums lol!

I figure by the end of the week i will either feel that a week wasnt long enough or too long.. but either way it will mean that i get to enjoy all my cards..

anyone else fancy this?

AJ

I've been doing this for years Nikki, as far as I can tell it is the only way to ensure using all our decks. A very practical exercise. It took me three years to come full circle and it has helped me prune my keeper list to ones I truly love

Manda

Aj's blog is great, and a plethora of images all those cards from all those deck she's been drawing all these years. Theoretically, I do the same, though I got stuck on the Paulina about a month ago, and a trimmed Thoth. I haven't even looked at any other decks since then.

It IS a great idea!

NikkiB

glad to see it works for others and I suppose if you get stuck on a deck it says it all :)

Eyebright

I'll join you Nikki! My collection isn't huge, but I think it will still take me a good few months to come full circle. That way I can justify to my OH that I do use all my decks and I do need this many!

NikkiB

Yay! Shall we make sat our changeover day and keep tabs what we are using here? X

Le Fanu

Another voice here for AJs great blog. A model for the perfect tarot blog. Seriously.

On my blog I try to use different decks for spreads just because I know I can. I can (and do) repeat, but I try not to. No particular reason except that I have so many deck it really is a shame not to use them...I'd never thought about it but - yes - after a few years, you'd have a real showcase of beautiful decks in action!

AJ

I'm using my beloved Native American Tarot this week. I switch decks on Sundays.
There have been a few times I've used a deck longer than a week, when I was in despair doing home hospice care for my FIL I used Songs for the journey home several times for a couple of weeks, such a loving deck.

I think there were two decks I used for two or three days and said life is too short for this crappy of a deck ;)

I welcome fellow travelers on the journey...happy trails!

NikkiB

Another voice here for AJs great blog. A model for the perfect tarot blog. Seriously.

On my blog I try to use different decks for spreads just because I know I can. I can (and do) repeat, but I try not to. No particular reason except that I have so many deck it really is a shame not to use them...I'd never thought about it but - yes - after a few years, you'd have a real showcase of beautiful decks in action!

I've just had a look at AJ's blog fab!! and like you say what a great showcase!

VGimlet

I've been doing this forever too. :D

I started in 2004 - and I think I will finally be caught up by fall of next year, as long as I don't go on any crazy buying sprees or anything.

I have been posting in the 'what deck are you using now' thread, but I always feel a little guilty when I make editorial comments there, LOL.

So, sounds good to me.