Would like to hear from members of the American Tarot Association?

cybercinbad

I am considering membership in the ATA and would like to know from members IF they utilize their membership, how often and in what way. I am especially interested in becoming a reader for them and wonder how often you are called upon, and how the mentor program works.
Thanks so much for comments!

Disa

Hi there. I am a member of the ATA and have been reading there for almost 2 years on the Free Tarot Network. I really enjoyed the mentor program. My mentor was (and still is) a wonderful, wonderful person who gave me excellent guidance along the way. I have been happy with everything. I would say you are called upon to read as often as you like. When I first started reading there I would get several reading requests a week- now I only ask for one per week and I usually get that. You can tailor it to suit your needs.

Feel free to pm me if you have any other questions.

Apollonia

I am considering membership in the ATA and would like to know from members IF they utilize their membership, how often and in what way. I am especially interested in becoming a reader for them and wonder how often you are called upon, and how the mentor program works.
Thanks so much for comments!
I became an ATA member some years back, when I was first considering becoming a professional reader, because I wanted to get experience reading for strangers. The experience was invaluable, as it taught me to really read each card and to get all I could out of the symbolism and my intuition, and I saw what type of questions people tended to ask. It gave me a great deal of confidence as far as reading for people I didn't know.

The first mentor I was assigned must have been burned out or just not very good. She gave me little or no guidance and after maybe six months she must have dropped out of the program, because then I was assigned a fabulous mentor. She was a lovely woman who was a professional reader and gave me tips and advice that were very useful.

After a few years I quit, because I was so busy doing paid readings that I no longer had time to do the free ones for the ATA, so it was definitely a bit springboard to my career as a professional. I recommend it highly.

ann823

Hi there. I am a member of the ATA and have been reading there for almost 2 years on the Free Tarot Network. I really enjoyed the mentor program. My mentor was (and still is) a wonderful, wonderful person who gave me excellent guidance along the way. I have been happy with everything. I would say you are called upon to read as often as you like. When I first started reading there I would get several reading requests a week- now I only ask for one per week and I usually get that. You can tailor it to suit your needs.

Feel free to pm me if you have any other questions.

This, except I've only been doing it for a couple of months instead of years.