what do you do with your old tarot decks?

Minotauro

when they're really worn off , or when a card is missing etc?

I could not bring myself to get rid of them! D:
and I dont have any worn beyond usability decks yet , but I did lost a card of my rider waite pocket tarot u.u
and I dont know what to do with it , I thought about perhaps doing some kind of craft with them?
s:
what do you do with them?

when they get old wrinkly and whatnopt I'll just retire them to my bookshelves , they are to me kinda like friends..
wich sound a little bit pathetic when said aloud D:

GryffinSong

I once threw a deck in the recycling bin. I hated it. Got it in trade and after offering it a few times here I just figured it was a lost cause.

Minotauro

I once threw a deck in the recycling bin. I hated it. Got it in trade and after offering it a few times here I just figured it was a lost cause.

that sounds aweful

D: I dont want to do that! even if a card is missing DX I'll find something to do with it!

VGimlet

I leave single cards in random places as a kind of art project. :p

The best one I did was an Swiss 1JJ that was water damaged. I totally had fun and wrote the meanings on the cards, or a single card fortune for whoever picked it up.

I even saw one of them get picked up - the guy read what I'd written and smiled and put it in his pocket.

I am doing the housewives tarot right now. It's not quite the same.

I think there was a thread about that somewhere....

Jes

The best one I did was an Swiss 1JJ that was water damaged. I totally had fun and wrote the meanings on the cards, or a single card fortune for whoever picked it up.

I even saw one of them get picked up - the guy read what I'd written and smiled and put it in his pocket.

wow. this is great! I am going to do that if I ever have a deck that is beyond usable!

GryffinSong

that sounds aweful

D: I dont want to do that! even if a card is missing DX I'll find something to do with it!

I figure if no one loves it it's just paper. Why clutter up my house and life with something that drags me down and that no one wants?

digi162

My first official tarot deck I had and used for like 10 years got so old I needed to purchase it again. Comparing the new to the old, I didn't realize how faded the imagery was, and how damaged the deck was. However I couldn't throw the old one away because technically it was still usable. So it's wrapped up and sitting in a small box with some of my other keepsakes. I think if I ran into someone who wanted to learn tarot I'd lend them the deck since they wouldn't have to worry about scuffing it up.

cardlady22

I've given gifts where I arranged the person's Tarot Constellation set in a frame to hang.

nisaba & others do readings where they use only the Majors, the Courts, and the Aces.

Minotauro

THAT SOUNDS AWESOME!

:'D
Im so tottally gonna do that arround my school :B
OMG Im so full of ideas now! I wanted to start giving readinsg at school I'll use thats as kind of advertizing also :'D omg this is great! X)

Minotauro

I've given gifts where I arranged the person's Tarot Constellation set in a frame to hang.

nisaba & others do readings where they use only the Majors, the Courts, and the Aces.

unfortunatelly I believe I lost justice Im not even sure u.u I didnt want to check I felt bad D: lol but its a good idea for the future