questions and topics that drive you nuts

euripides

Romance. How x feels about y, where is this relationship going...

It's ironic, I read quite a lot of romance novels. But for some reason questions about love relationships drive me nuts. Maybe it's because there's so many of them. I think maybe I find it frustrating because of the way I read - I tend to feel that the cards can only really offer me insight into one's own direction, possibilities and future, not a third party's. We can talk about how we are relating to them and how we might need to deal with future events, but not specifically what lies in THEIR future.

I guess our relationships are the most important thing for such a lot of our lives....

What questions do you struggle with?

Le Fanu

"is he gay?" I loathe that one and it comes up way too often.

A guy I fancy isn't all over me.. so.. I did a reading; is he gay?

grrrrr!

I would refuse point blank to read for someone on this.

Zechariah13

Romance. How x feels about y, where is this relationship going...

Take it a step farther:

Relationship between x and y

with this, i have ABSOLUTELY NO idea what im looking for, who im dealing with, or what the heck i should be focusing on. are x and y hopefull lovers? sibling? a job and somebody's dead puppy's funeral? I have no clue arrggghhh

caridwen

As a human being I don't find it strange or annoying that so many people ask relationship questions. What after all is life about, if not relationships? Relationships with lovers, parents, pets, the majority of humanity find these questions the most burning and important. We are not meant to live entirely alone bereft of human contact. We are social animals and in our hearts we want to connect. There are some people who cannot or do not want to connect with their fellows but they are few and far between. I suppose for most people, if they have their intimate relations sorted out, everything else falls into place. Just one opinion:)

eta If the question itself 'drives you nuts', may I suggest you help the querent reform their question before doing the reading?:)

prudence

The ones that make my head explode most often are ones about the same guy, who has shown clearly and blatantly that he is NOT INTERESTED in a certain woman, yet the woman reads about him over and over and over....literally for over a year, with zero change in how he relates to her, yet she cannot stop for a moment to think or realize that he is not into her AT ALL. Period, end of, never liked you romantically and never will, and has shown that to be the case from day one.

I am sick of having to wipe down my keyboard and computer screen from all of the gray matter that has splattered everywhere. There are so many men in this world, why agonize and obsess over one who is so indifferent to you? (ack, I think I just answered my own question)

Zechariah13

As a human being I don't find it strange or annoying that so many people ask relationship questions. What after all is life about, if not relationships?

I totally get that. But i hate being left in the dark as to what kind of relationship im looking at. Knowing what i am reading for reduces the potential meanings of the cards by at least half

caridwen

I totally get that. But i hate being left in the dark as to what kind of relationship im looking at. Knowing what i am reading for reduces the potential meanings of the cards by at least half

Unless you are a Tarot Reader, either reading for yourself or others, how are you supposed to know how to frame a question?

I don't understand who is leaving you in the dark. If you are doing readings for people, help them frame the question in order to open it up and get the most out of the cards. Most people who post "in the dark" readings are in the dark about how to frame a question. They are also in the dark on how to use a spread (I notice a lot of people without much experience are in the habit of not using spreads or positions and then don't have a clue about their reading - quelle surprise.:rolleyes: )

When I do professional readings (or even when I'm not being paid) I spend some time with the querent helping them to frame an appropriate question for the reading.

euripides

eta If the question itself 'drives you nuts', may I suggest you help the querent reform their question before doing the reading?:)

oh you're quite right Caridwen - trust you to be all sensible :))

Reframing the question likely helps. Your point about the importance of relationships is absolutely valid, but then, we see so much of fledgling or wannabe or nevergonnabe romances... friends-with-benefits that want to be more than friends, unrequited love and flings that go nowhere. You see much less of established relationships that need an issue working through or where communication is lacking.

In my case, I think it says more about where my head is at right now in life, rather than the actual querent or the validity of love questions.

As for the 'is xyz gay?' - yeah right with ya on that one, Le Fanu. Luckily I don't think I've ever come across that.

Zechariah13

Unless you are a Tarot Reader, either reading for yourself or others, how are you supposed to know how to frame a question?

I don't understand who is leaving you in the dark. If you are doing readings for people, help them frame the question in order to open it up and get the most out of the cards. Most people who post "in the dark" readings are in the dark about how to frame a question. They are also in the dark on how to use a spread (I notice a lot of people without much experience are in the habit of not using spreads or positions and then don't have a clue about their reading - quelle surprise.:rolleyes: )

When I do professional readings (or even when I'm not being paid) I spend some time with the querent helping them to frame an appropriate question for the reading.

Well, i am never getting paid, and most people i do readings for are freinds, but i keep coming across with this, "tell me about this, and thats all im gonna tell you" thing going on, where people want an answer to their question without actually asking the question, which leaves me at a place where i have to put together their question from body language and reactions to prodding, as most of my friends are as stubborn as i am and wont budge after they say so. It's just annoying.