"finding yourself" through the cards

SunChariot

Here are some questions I'd love your input on. :grin:

In what ways has Tarot (or learning Tarot) helped you "find yourself", to understand yourself better , to find or access parts of yourself you didn't know existed before.

What has Tarot taught you about youreslf that you did not know before?...Or anything along those lines.

I'd be really interested to hear.

Babs

NikkiB

I got into Tarot at the absolute darkest time of my life post a suicide attempt. I need therapy and I needed help to deal with the fact that my life had fallen apart. at the time neither was immediately available so I had to find something...

So I bought a Tarot deck and the Mary greers Tarot book to give myself something to focus on but as I worked through the exercises in the book I realized that I was working on me. The readings I was doing was not only helping me to understand my reactions to everything that was happening to me but also gave me understanding of where these reactions came from and importantly what I could do about it, what had to change, what i had to address and how to best address it..

so for me Tarot was therapy, fundamental to my going on to being in a place for healing - it was an amazing tool for self discovery which taught me much about myself.

Amanda

Tarot has been therapy for me as well... I grew with it through teenage and 20-something angst. The most recent lesson I've been learning within the last year or so (age 25 now, in case you are wondering), is that I don't have all the answers, even with tarot as an aid, and that I'm not perfect, and by realizing this I've become a better reader. I think I've been learning how to care for others, without needing their approval... because before, I always wanted to know if I was "right", did the reading have relevance? Did it make sense? All burdensome questions, that stemmed from a deep-rooted problem of needing to be accepted and approved. And I've really just needed to accept myself all this time... and I think I'm a pretty decent reader that takes care of others' needs and adequately answers their (sometimes odd) questions and helps guide them in a positive direction. And that's all that matters.

KMilliron

It's helped me become much mroe innovative. As an artist, musician, and sober child in a family of the not-so-sober type I need all the innovation I can get. It also helps me understand people better. I figure out what they want, need, know, and need to know. Very useful.