Pathfinder's, the Animal Totem Deck

Tanjamuse

I have those

cardlady22

Each contributing artist had a certain number of them to sell. The last time I checked, there weren't any left.
ETA: from the US artists that I emailed

Tanjamuse

I bought mine from a girl in the Netherlands.

exotik1

Try this seller

I bought mine from Kayli G at mauidolphinart@gmail.com . She printed/assembled a simple booklet for free, and packaged it with a ribbon. It was a very pleasant transaction and was shipped out quickly. The deck was $25 by Paypal (last year)... and ask nicely and she may reduce shipping a bit ;)

I do like the artwork, but I'll be honest that there are too many cards (82) and they are smaller than playing cards, so they are difficult to handle/shuffle. They fit too snugly in their box, and while the artwork on some cards is stunning, other cards seem too simple, or they don't match the card title properly. Perhaps there were too many contributing artists with different styles? The dolphin card also includes a killer whale, and the one for "Rodent" includes different rodents with varying messages. Also, one of the cards came with smudged printing which Im not happy about. Im going to have to go online and Google animal totem or animal medicine and horse or turtle,etc to get proper animal messages, and make my own reference book.

I would recommend this as a collector item, but Im not thrilled with this deck. I continue my quest for a beautifully designed animal deck which I will love.

Hope that helps a bit,
exotik1 :)

tatsi

Pathfinder's Animal Totem Deck alternate seller

That's great that Kayli G printed/assembled a simple booklet for you. The person I got my decks from didn't do that for me, but I was given access to PDFs for the deck. Indeed $25 via Paypal was the original price for the deck, but some upped their price when the overall availability dwindled. Not all did this, but some did. I eventually got my decks at a reasonable price and from the US to boot.

With a deck that uses artwork from several contributors, there are bound to be cards you like more than others and that is true here. But that is true of any deck, regardless of whether one or more artists are used. For a deck that uses several artists, I was surprised at how many of the cards I really liked since I typically don't like varying artistic styles within the same deck. Overall, this is a likable deck, but I find myself not as interested in animal oracle decks in general so instead of using this deck, it ended up becoming a part of my unused collection. As for the deck that is missing one card, I thought about using the cards to create a collage box to house some of my oracle things like decks, totes, notes, etc., but I never got around to it.

I do agree that this deck has a lot of cards and normally this would be detractor, but for an animal oracle deck I think that is one of the plusses. There is no standard list of animals that should be in an animal oracle deck. So as long as the deck is balanced, you can tailor the deck to your needs. And after pulling out cards you dislike or have no meaning/connection to, you would still have a plenty of cards left over to work with. It is indeed smaller than poker sized playing cards, but I think bridge sized playing cards are about the size of the deck. However, the size of the deck does not appear to cause the quality of artwork to suffer. Personally, I think the sizing of the deck makes it easier to shuffle, especially if you use or try to use the full complete deck. I do agree that the cards fit a little too snugly in the box. It also looks like little issues have crept up in the printing of the deck itself; this is understandable since it wasn't mass-market produced. So while I don't recall getting a deck with a smudged card, I did get one deck missing one card.

tatsi

I bought mine from Kayli G at mauidolphinart@gmail.com . She printed/assembled a simple booklet for free, and packaged it with a ribbon. It was a very pleasant transaction and was shipped out quickly. The deck was $25 by Paypal (last year)... and ask nicely and she may reduce shipping a bit ;)

I do like the artwork, but I'll be honest that there are too many cards (82) and they are smaller than playing cards, so they are difficult to handle/shuffle. They fit too snugly in their box, and while the artwork on some cards is stunning, other cards seem too simple, or they don't match the card title properly. Perhaps there were too many contributing artists with different styles? The dolphin card also includes a killer whale, and the one for "Rodent" includes different rodents with varying messages. Also, one of the cards came with smudged printing which Im not happy about. Im going to have to go online and Google animal totem or animal medicine and horse or turtle,etc to get proper animal messages, and make my own reference book.

I would recommend this as a collector item, but Im not thrilled with this deck. I continue my quest for a beautifully designed animal deck which I will love.

Hope that helps a bit,
exotik1 :)