Poetry

KMilliron

Was at one of those college hang outs the other day. The kind with the special coffee drinks, open mic night, and magnetic poetry. Took a deck of cards from their card basket to do some tarot readings when I noticed all the cards had words on them. One of the regulars explained it's some form of poetry game the college kids play. Gave me the idea to use tarot cards for lyrics.

For example I pulled Six of swords and five of swords and got "If you're wondering why your ship is sinking/ it may be the wholes on the bottom./ On an unrelated note/ If you need any drills I got em."

Going to have my bandies pull some cards from the decks I've lent them and see if I can write any more, haha.

nisaba

<grin> I went through a phase when I did this. I believe I can't post links to my own work on other websites, so I can't really give you a list of forty or so links to web-published poems. PM me if you're at all interested.

KMilliron

Haha, a link would be nice. The band vocalist has been having major writer's block, so I'm going to see if something like this would help. I got both our vocalists hooked to tarot/oracle decks. It's pretty sweet.