what do you look for in a spread?

Minotauro

what are some basic positions a spread MUST have for you?
for me at least is a positive and negative sides of the same aspect for I am all bout duality and perception etc.
then perhaps a lesson card , or an outcome and a general situation card.

what a bout you?
what pósitions would you say are a MUST in your spreads?
or does it ll depends on the subjetc , if so what about a general spread?

Carla

for me at least is a positive and negative sides of the same aspect for I am all bout duality and perception etc.
then perhaps a lesson card , or an outcome and a general situation card.

what a bout you?
what pósitions would you say are a MUST in your spreads?
or does it ll depends on the subjetc , if so what about a general spread?

I don't like spreads that are too much about the past; a good spread must have advice positions. I like to see alternatives as well. And of course a possible outcome position.

Minotauro

I don't like spreads that are too much about the past; a good spread must have advice positions. I like to see alternatives as well. And of course a possible outcome position.

I could like a past postion , only when is something you need to remember a leson you learned from that experience. and postivie alternatives are good too.

MissJo

There are two positions I NEED to have in all of my spreads:

What do you need to know?
Three card-advice.

I like big spreads too... ones with details.

vonniedeak

I like to know obstacles and what I should be aware of....the outcome don't mean that much to me because anything can be changed once we are aware of what we are doing or what is there. Advice is nice so I know what to do or what not to do...I read reversals in Advice as what not to do.

Blessed be,

Von

Minotauro

There are two positions I NEED to have in all of my spreads:

What do you need to know?
Three card-advice.

I like big spreads too... ones with details.

yes. well not 3 cards for advice for me lol . but advice is always a good position
how big is a big spread?
10 is probably too much for me alredy
but that becauise Im not that good yet.lol.

Minotauro

I like to know obstacles and what I should be aware of....the outcome don't mean that much to me because anything can be changed once we are aware of what we are doing or what is there. Advice is nice so I know what to do or what not to do...I read reversals in Advice as what not to do.

Blessed be,

Von
I dont know about obstacles but what I should be aware of is always imortant something Im missing etc. because I think obstacles I alredy know them lol

the outcome cards I like if they come with a posible path , actionor direction and then aq posible outcome to that path action or direction

I dont know if I mde myself clear X)

Le Fanu

I actually like - increasingly - spreads with no positions. What I call snapshot spreads. As in, laying down two or three cards, with a "speak to me" and see how energies, lines, gazes and gestures intertwine. I like to study spreads like this and see where the dynamics are leading. I find that they take longer to absorb than a spread with ready made positions.

I have to say, I really dislike spreads with overly specific positions like "what I'm feeling but don't know I feel" and "what I don't know I know but know anyway".

An outcome position is always nice, but I have a repertoire of spreads which I'm happy with and so don't really crave any new ones as the ones I have satisfy me. But the simpler the better. The good, ole classics; "where I am now", "hidden influences", "advantages or disadvantages" (at most).

nisaba

It must have at the very least least one card, often more. That's the only basic requirement.

caridwen

I make up my own spreads. I generally have an added insight position. This is anything that will add to what I already know or possibly something I don't know about the situation.

I like a Guidance position. I also like an 'Objective' position. I have done this for years and can't remember where I got it from. I think it was from Norse mythology and Odin's ravens, but I always do a 'crows eye view' of the situation, as though a bird is flying above and can see sharply what is going on below but has no idea of the circumstances. I sometimes have a 'how is this evolving' position.

I generally don't do Outcomes, strangely enough.

I like spreads to have very few cards. When I see spreads using 17 cards I just groan. If you read tarot like I do, looking at all the cards and seeing how they interact with each other etc, then looking at numerology, elements et al, 17 cards is complex and time consuming.

So in sum: Current dynamic/Objective View/Added Insight/Overall Guidance (sometimes advice). It depends on the situation though but Added Insight and Overall Guidance are a must.:)