Four cards missing, help!

divinegoddess

I'm not entirely sure if this is qualified under readings but something strange happened to me earlier tonight. I was just shuffling my cards, playing with the two decks and put them together. I felt strong urge to count the cards, just in case. I found out that 4 cards are missing from my first deck, Celtic Dragon.

These cards are The Magician, 9 of Swords, Ten of Cups & Ace of Wands. I cannot find these cards anywhere. Am I crazy for thinking that the Magician has gone to do her magick and will return when she's ready? What does it mean that these particular cards are missing? I also find it funny that the other night, on Friday I have a meltdown so to speak and write a letter to the universe but send it to my friend. Could this have something to do with it?

I'd appreciate if anyone could help me, also interpreting these cards if they're tryinf to say something.
Does anyone have any similar experiences?

Thanks.

D.

Alta

Moderator note:

Hi divinegoddess,

I moved your thread here from Your Readings because it isn't a reading exactly. Also your main question was about the missing cards.

If you would like other readers to try to interpret the cards themselves, please make a proper post in Your Readings following the posting rules.

Thanks,
Alta

divinegoddess

Okay thank you Alta!

D.

divinegoddess

I'm not entirely sure if this is qualified under readings but something strange happened to me earlier tonight. I was just shuffling my cards, playing with the two decks and put them together. I felt strong urge to count the cards, just in case. I found out that 4 cards are missing from my first deck, Celtic Dragon.

These cards are The Magician, 9 of Swords, Ten of Cups & Ace of Wands. I cannot find these cards anywhere. Am I crazy for thinking that the Magician has gone to do her magick and will return when she's ready? What does it mean that these particular cards are missing? I also find it funny that the other night, on Friday I have a meltdown so to speak and write a letter to the universe but send it to my friend. Could this have something to do with it?

I'd appreciate if anyone could help me, also interpreting these cards if they're tryinf to say something.
Does anyone have any similar experiences?

Thanks.

D.

Anyone? Have you had similar experiences?

D.

vonniedeak

I had the same feeling that something was wrong and counted my cards, too. Come to find out that I only had 77 cards. I searched everywhere for the 78th card and found the Sun stuck in my scanner where I was scanning a picture of it and forgot to take it out from under the top after I had scanned it for the image. (That is my favorite card in the deck). It did feel like I was missing some type of happiness in my life in some way and love, too. Now that my deck is back together, I am happier and my love life is better.
I guess the Magician could also mean that you lacked communication of some sort (possibly the need to write the letter and send it). I won't interpret all the cards because this is not the forum to interpret the meanings of the cards in a reading...but I do think the cards affect us and our daily lives in some way.
By the way, I did notice that there is a thread in here at the very top where there is a note that you can ask for certain cards that are missing in a deck to see if anyone else will send them to you.
I hope you find your lost cards because the Magician is a Major Arcana card and could really mean something in a reading. What a bummer if you have to buy a new deck just to get a few cards after that one has been broke in and feels good to you.

Blessed be,

Von

divinegoddess

I still haven't found my cards and I'm leaving tomorrow! Please help me (you & the Universe) to find the cards in the morning! They've been gone for quite some time! I've searched everywhere in my room! This makes no sense! Please please plesse let me find the cards before I leave!!!

D.

Aladdin

What you have written is indeed very strange and i can't provide an answer unfortunately.

When something goes missing in our house my old dad always prays to 'Holy Anthony' the angel of lost property and, mysteriously the lost item turns up !

About thirty years ago i bought a rather odd book by Johannes von Butlar which just disappeared one day. Very odd because to this day i cannot remember giving it away as it was too interesting - unless of course someone gave it to themself whist i wasn't looking.

graspee

I can imagine it must be very distressing to lose 4 cards from a deck, both for the inconvenience and loss, and also from the point of view of wondering how they got lost. For me at least, usually the latter is the more disturbing aspect since I can always somehow get a new deck.

Best of luck finding them. Have you tried a pendulum?

divinegoddess

I still haven't found my cards! I really do hope that I will find them this time around. I really want to use that deck again. Please dear Universe, help me find the missing cards!

No I haven't tried pendulum because I don't have one :(

Bhavana

you can make a pendulum with a somewhat heavy stone charm and a chain...

anyway, have you tried retracing your steps? Or retracing the steps of your deck? Where was it before you took it out to use it?