How many people have a "go deck"?

Asbestos Mango

I've been wondering about this. I know a few people around here have a deck that they carry around with them, or keep at work. I have a pocket RWS that lives in my purse. I keep it with me wherever I go in case I run into someone who wants a reading. Which very rarely happens, although in my recent stay in a psychiatric hospital, a few of the other patients wanted readings, and I was happy to do them.

How common is the practice of having a "go deck" that you keep with you when you're away from home?

Grizabella

I've been wondering about this. I know a few people around here have a deck that they carry around with them, or keep at work. I have a pocket RWS that lives in my purse. I keep it with me wherever I go in case I run into someone who wants a reading. Which very rarely happens, although in my recent stay in a psychiatric hospital, a few of the other patients wanted readings, and I was happy to do them.

How common is the practice of having a "go deck" that you keep with you when you're away from home?

I have the Halloween Tarot in a Tin and a Pocket Universal Waite in my bag I take with me but right now I also take Shadowscapes and that's the only one I'm using.

Annabelle

I keep the Fenestra tarot in a desk drawer at work. But I don't usually carry a deck in my purse.

cardlady22

They're only for personal reference, but I keep a Tiny Universal Waite and a home-made Neopets playing card deck (52 + 2 Jokers) in my purse- tucked beside a small memo book with various & sundry notes.

SunChariot

I used to have two copies of my Haindl (my first deck), one for home and one to take with me in my purse wherever I went. I guess it was just as I was learning, as after a while I gave away the second one. Now, though I do have a number of decks on my IPhone that I always carry around with me. And I do do quick readings with them during the day if i feel the need. The one I use most is the Touchstone...

I don't read for other people in person though.

The above is just what i do when I am away from home for the day. If I go away on vacation for a week or more THEN I will take about 3 real decks with me. I pack them in the suitcase.

Babs

SloughSister

I'm not a purse carrier but take a backpack with me to work M-F. I have a change of clothes, lunch and book for lunchtime, poncho for rain, and a deck - deck changes often based on what's most interesting to me that day or week. Lately it's been the Radiant RWS that cardlady22 gave me *waving thanks!* that finally allowed me to access RWS. :)

oddtarot

I have the miniature edition of rider waite, but I don't carry it around because I don't read much anymore.

*Phoenyx

Currently I only have 1 deck, my Llewellyn. I don't carry it everywhere, mainly to my LARP events because people there know I read (though they rarely ask in person) and I might start taking it to school. I really want to get Legend: The Arthurian Tarot to be my Amtgard deck, just because the theme fits really. :)

prudence

I have the Vanessa, which comes in a great tin, in my purse, as well as a mini Fournier TdM, and sometimes my Tarot Nova, as it also has a great box that is super sturdy. My Fournier mini though may have to be removed from the purse as its box has deteriorated to such a bad state, it does not even have a lid anymore. I kept it in my purse because its size was so easy to deal with, it just needs some kind of protective box/carrrying sack.

NorthernTigress

I don't necessarily have a deck with me every day. When I do, it will probably be the Shadowscapes.

For a while, I had an "emergency divination kit" at the ready to grab-and-go. It has a couple of Tarot decks, a couple of Oracle decks, and my smallest "junk oracle". All in a small easy to carry handbag.