Borders Raiders

Kosjitov

Found an oracles deck... that someone had stolen 4 of the cards out of >.> Also, nabbed a Vampire Tarot that I'd seen on and off. It wasn't there last night but it appeared this morning and being the last tarot deck, I indulged and bought it :)

So, anyone find anything good at their local Border's store during the going out of business sale? Dish here so I can be jealous!

nisaba

Around here, Borders doesn't do Tarot.

tarotbear

Borders ... hasta la vista, baby!

I bought cook books. The Borders in town never did much with Tarot or decks (And Borders NEVER carried my book - only B & N!)

However, I did buy the two cookbooks I wanted at 40% off even when I guessed they would 50% the next day because I didn't want to chance not getting the only copy of one of them before I was able to return. I did ask what passed for an employee where the Occult or Tarot books were and she said "The ... What?", so I found the 'Metaphysical' section over in 'Religion.'

Debra

I bought a book on Nazis and the occult that was so bad...I forced myself to read it and then I actually threw it away. There was a reason it was among the last things on the shelf.

Kosjitov

What oracle?
I just searched like 20 pages... and I can't for the life of me see it. It was yellow. I hate yellow. With pink/purply colors on the back. I was 'contemplating' it only because it was on sale. But when I realized cards were missing I put it back.

Around here, Borders doesn't do Tarot.

:bugeyed:

I bought cook books. The Borders in town never did much with Tarot or decks (And Borders NEVER carried my book - only B & N!)

However, I did buy the two cookbooks I wanted at 40% off even when I guessed they would 50% the next day because I didn't want to chance not getting the only copy of one of them before I was able to return. I did ask what passed for an employee where the Occult or Tarot books were and she said "The ... What?", so I found the 'Metaphysical' section over in 'Religion.'

Cook books are CLEANED out where I live. There's nada left, save for wine snob books and brewery, and really BAD eating on a budget guides for the college kids.

I bought a book on Nazis and the occult that was so bad...I forced myself to read it and then I actually threw it away. There was a reason it was among the last things on the shelf.

I'm chuckling and wincing. I've had that reaction before, but instead of throwing away books (could never do that) I gave it to my local library as a "donation"!

Did anyone actually manage to get decks or were they all gone when y'all got around to going? I got one shot at a few when they were 20% of and splurged then and there was only the lonely Vampire Tarot when I went in today. Already opened and used - the cards all show wear and tear- but complete, so it became mine. Any leftover tarot books that have a small glimmer of wisdom, interesting perspectives, or exercises?

Bhavana

Unfortunately, I started looking when the sale was only 10% off decks, selection was decent enough, but figured I'd come back when it was higher....but when I did, mostly everything was gone. I wound up grabbing a few decks, but most of them I didn't feel all that passionate about:

Goddess (pocket)

Sharman Casselli (deck only)

Art Nouveau Deluxe (overpriced even with discount due to velvet bag that I don't like, plus cards were warped)

Regular size RW, Italian printed ( like to have extras, since this is the deck I use the most)

Faerie Tarot (only fairy deck I will ever buy)

Llewelyn ( not bad, but got one as a gift right after, so now have two )

Revelations (hate it)

Bhavana

I just searched like 20 pages... and I can't for the life of me see it. It was yellow. I hate yellow. With pink/purply colors on the back. I was 'contemplating' it only because it was on sale. But when I realized cards were missing I put it back.

:bugeyed:

Cook books are CLEANED out where I live. There's nada left, save for wine snob books and brewery, and really BAD eating on a budget guides for the college kids.

I'm chuckling and wincing. I've had that reaction before, but instead of throwing away books (could never do that) I gave it to my local library as a "donation"!

Did anyone actually manage to get decks or were they all gone when y'all got around to going? I got one shot at a few when they were 20% of and splurged then and there was only the lonely Vampire Tarot when I went in today. Already opened and used - the cards all show wear and tear- but complete, so it became mine. Any leftover tarot books that have a small glimmer of wisdom, interesting perspectives, or exercises?

my store only had a few good tarot books at the beginning of the sale, towards the end it was all wicca wicca wicca, wicca this and wicca that. Guess wiccans are lacking in my area. Which Vampire Tarot did your Borders have? I think the one at mine was the Eternal Night one?

Not tarot related, but I did grab some great art and buddhism books

Kosjitov

Nothing good tarot wise. The decks/books were pretty much the first thing to go. Spirituality got wiped out VERY quickly; there's more bibles and other assorted "major" religion books still sitting. Haven't been touched, afaik.

Back OT: It's the Vampire Tarot by Nathalie Hertz.

I also managed to save a Revelations kit, the Dragons Mini from LoS, and the Wizards decks when it was 20%.

The Dragons Mini was something I figured would be a case of buyer's remorse but it's worked out ... kind of nice. I'll PM you about the Revelations you nabbed.

Anyone else? C'mon. I'm sure at least ONE person on AT lives where I do and bought out the Necromicon and Shadowscapes sets I was looking at! ;) :p

Queen of Disks

I upgraded my Original RWS to the new version printed in China. A major improvement. :) My Borders has some variations of the Universal Waite left and that's about it. (I got two of those already.)