Head in a muddle, keep rejecting draws.

euripides

Ok that's a strange title but it was hard to be descriptive in a small space. I'm in a muddle, as usual, nothing new there, but trying to sit down and get some grounding from the cards, I keep staring blankly at them, putting them back in the deck and re-drawing. I even tried 'past present future' but I just look and go... nope.

Maybe I'm using the wrong deck for this. (Touchstone). Maybe the Spiral or something a bit earthier is what I need. Or maybe it's just a case of whatever advice it wants to give, I don't want to listen.

Should I just not try to read or do you have a suggestion for settling down to a more sensible approach?

Zechariah13

Maybe you need a break? that usually helps me

linnie

yes... perhaps some gardening or other outdoor activity to ground yourself instead. If you aren't comfortable with hugging trees, just leaning back against them and feeling their energy connect you to the Earth is very grounding, and may clarify things for you. Many Blessings to you.

euripides

Thanks guys. That's not a bad idea. Thing is, I haven't read for a while and I was hoping to get back into it. Maybe I'm just a bit out of touch?

Perhaps spending some time outdoors first will help.

Zechariah13

yes... perhaps some gardening or other outdoor activity to ground yourself instead. If you aren't comfortable with hugging trees, just leaning back against them and feeling their energy connect you to the Earth is very grounding, and may clarify things for you. Many Blessings to you.

Or, if your not the most earth aspected individual (as i am not) stand in the sunshine, or under the moonlight, dance in the rain, or just feel the wind and talk to it a bit (if he's in a talkative mood.) You'll find he has a lot to say

hunter

Have you tried reading for people on a DVD? Pause the DVD right at a key point in the movie and do a reading, then finish watching to see how well you read.

SloughSister

One thing that can work for me is dumping all my thoughts and feelings on paper, in a journal or just anywhere I can write. Sometimes the muddle comes from too many ideas and tasks and emotions lumping and bumping around inside of me. For me, the release comes in pen-or-pencil-and-paper writing;computer does not provide the same getting-out-ness.

Maybe just visit with the cards? Look at them, stroke them, like them, appreciate them, feel gratitude without asking them for answers? Or play a silly game, let them tell stories without it having to Really Apply to anything.

My sponsor used to say, re: prayers & meditation with the Universe, "not getting any answers? nothing clear? don't understand what you're supposed to do? Sit on your hands and wait! Sit on your hands and wait until the time comes when you do have answers and clarity and know what you're supposed to do!"

euripides

I do love the sun and breeze, especially in spring (which it is here, but it's raining today). I love to sit outside with the cat, listening and watching his ears. They flicker constantly, picking up every little sound of bird and insect. I call it 'cat mindfulness' :)

I've always been a bit suspicious about the whole 'grounding' thing (having a split personality about all things new-agey, as I do) but I've read a couple of interesting things about it lately and it IS firmly grounded in science, as well as spirit. I suspect there's already many good threads on that topic here....

I haven't read Tarot for Every Day... looks good. I did have Greer's 21 Ways, but I passed it on to a friend who I felt would benefit more from it.

One thing that can work for me is dumping all my thoughts and feelings on paper, in a journal or just anywhere I can write. ....

Maybe just visit with the cards? Look at them, stroke them, like them, appreciate them, feel gratitude without asking them for answers? Or play a silly game, let them tell stories without it having to Really Apply to anything.

Oh I do like that idea. When I'm feeling combative with my Cello, I spend some time giving him a dust off, tuning carefully, and respectfully playing some quiet scales. You can't fight your instrument, you have to work together.

hunter

"Tarot for Writers" is also good.